No announcement yet.

Was Abel Sanchez right all along?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Abel Sanchez right all along?

Abel has said in the past that kovalev was bought in to spar against ggg but was let go because he was basically shook. Also said he was ****y and would be hard to train.

To me that paints a picture of kovalev that turns out to be pretty accurate.

Shook of what?

Comment

He didn't say he was shook. He said he was stubborn, and when he sparred Golovkin he was new to the camp and out of shape.

Only thing he was right about was that Kovalev is hard to train.

Comment

Naw, let's not forget, outside of this one fight, Kovalev has been a fking beast. Losing to the P4P best in the world doesn't mean you are suddenly shook, shyt, or anything else people are throwing on him. I fully believe he's a hard headed mufker, but I don't believe he's scared or soft. I'd still take him over anyone at 175 not named Andre Ward, and would pick him to defeat most cruisers (most, not all).

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Shook of what?
          Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          He didn't say he was shook. He said he was stubborn, and when he sparred Golovkin he was new to the camp and out of shape.

Only thing he was right about was that Kovalev is hard to train.
          abel said 'kovelev was afraid of ggg when he was in the ring with him so I couldnt have him spar ggg too much'

the mental impression he gave off in the ward fight was bad, seemed like a classic case of a bully being punched back then running away.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Naw, let's not forget, outside of this one fight, Kovalev has been a fking beast. Losing to the P4P best in the world doesn't mean you are suddenly shook, shyt, or anything else people are throwing on him. I fully believe he's a hard headed mufker, but I don't believe he's scared or soft. I'd still take him over anyone at 175 not named Andre Ward, and would pick him to defeat most cruisers (most, not all).
            kov is of course still an elite boxer, losing to ward doesnt change that. but what i saw was a guy who can mentally crack when someone stood up to his power. him vs stevenson is still a 50/50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              Shook of what?

Abel did say Kovalev wasn't giving GGG work sparring because he was scared.

Comment

Sanchez said he was there for him to be his coach but it was hard to train Kovalev because he was hardheaded and wasn't following instructions and wanted to train himself.

Comment

GGG doesn't rely on lowblows when it doesn't go his way. Ward started going borderline in rounds 5-6 an 7-8 was just blatant low blowing on every fourth/fifth body punch he threw.
                  Judging Ward by his resume: #1 p4p in the World.
                  Judging Ward by how he did it: Dirty boxer, protected by officials, with no shame and respect for the sport.

Comment

just found another piece of evidence, joke coach claims ggg knocked out kov in sparring with a body shot, he was there

maybe he should work on those abs

Comment

Working...
                    X