What would be BOXING's Mt. Rushmore??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
    Would be all promoters. They alpha'd every great fighter
    That's the truth right there. Great post. I alpha you with a beer, amigo...

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      How do I know this? Because I've read countless books and viewed many, many hours of programming from various periods of history including prewar America. I'm also old enough to remember in my own lifetime the old timers talking about Jack Dempsey, Babe Ruth, Jessie Owens, Joe Louis, Johnny Unitas, Jim Thorpe, Ty Cobb and all the true legends of American sport.

You do realize that Jack Johnson was essentially "re-unearthed" with 'Unforgivable Blackness?' Yes?

Most people for a long time didn't know who the **** he was outside of Bert Sugar and boxing fans and historians. He was an underappreciated footnote as the first African American Heavyweight champ but nowhere near what he is now that he was reintroduced into popular culture as an important figure in the pre Civil Rights era.
      You mean they tried to delete him from history. Doesn't help your cause. Every boxing champion was known worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        You mean they tried to delete him from history. Doesn't help your cause. Every boxing champion was known worldwide.
        Stubborn much?

Comment

Golovkin x4.

Comment

How do you know this? You don't. You're basing it on him being more celebrated.
            Sorry, bud. Johnson being African American and being the first Heavyweight champ of his persuasion does not put him in the same galaxy as a true American legend like Jack Dempsey. Race has nothing to do with this. Johnson was neither the fighter that Dempsey was nor did he transcend his job title the way that Dempsey did. This isn't even a discussion.

Comment

Stubborn much?
              It's always about race with that guy. I am not a fan of Ali. But I am not so blinded by hate or bias that I can't recognize his impact on the sport. What Dempsey did for the sport during the twenties, Ali did for the sport in the sixties. He resurrected the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                It's always about race with that guy. I am not a fan of Ali. But I am not so blinded by hate or bias that I can't recognize his impact on the sport. What Dempsey did for the sport during the twenties, Ali did for the sport in the sixties. He resurrected the sport.
                Fuck off Freedom you cowardly bitch.

Comment

Sorry, bud. Johnson being African American and being the first Heavyweight champ of his persuasion does not put him in the same galaxy as a true American legend like Jack Dempsey. Race has nothing to do with this. Johnson was neither the fighter that Dempsey was nor did he transcend his job title the way that Dempsey did. This isn't even a discussion.
                  Johnson revolutionised the technical side of boxing. He was a massive name. Both combined puts him over the slugger Dempsey.

But.... but..... people liked Dempsey more....... is a ******ed argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                    Golovkin x4.
                    No....

You have to leave room for Sanchez, Loeffler, and Klitschko

Comment

Fuck off Freedom you cowardly bitch.
                      I'm no Alt you punk. Go ahead and put me back on ignore if you are going to be an ignorant cvnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X