Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Drops, Busts Up Vargas For WBO Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys need to give Pac more credit , he looked tiny vs Vargas and he was hunting him all night. its a great win vs a prime WW (not elite but still good prime WW) , Pac is old and still won clearly which shows his class.

Comment

• I thought it was a very good win, but Pacquiao looked flat IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        I had Vargas up by two
        Lol, you would. Probably had him up before the first bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          He did land it and PAC didn't get knocked out. The guy caught one perfect punch and got knocked out now every guy who fights him thinks they're gonna knock him out. Not gonna happen
          I find that funny too. These clowns don't realize a perfect shot could ko anyone. While talking fantasy match up with GG at 154, everyone says easy ko. Why? Because of the same lucky punch by Marquez. Come on. At 154 Pac would kill a weight drained GGG, respect this legend. Only person he can't beat is May, TC is okay but he ain't ready for Pac in the next year. I still say a serious Broner smashes TC.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeEhrmantraut View Post
            Dude doesnt get tired for 12 rounds. He looks like he could 3 more.

For a 37 year old man thats insane. Guys get winded by the 6th in this sport, and thats without throwing as many punches
            ... As of lately, he significantly lowered his output ratio -- Pac averaged 34 thrown per round...

... Though, Pac outlanded Vargas 98-54 over last 6 rounds.

Comment

• A routine win for Pacquiao. He's still good enough to beat decent guys like that without looking anywhere near his best.
              Age catches us with us all though, and Pacquiao does look a different fighter these days.

I thought the 118-109 cards were about right. The 114-113 was a shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... As of lately, he significantly lowered his output ratio -- Pac averaged 34 thrown per round...

... Though, Pac outlanded Vargas 98-54 over last 6 rounds.
                According to CompuBox punch statistics, Pacquiao landed 147 of 409 punches (36 percent), and Vargas connected on 104 of 562 (19 percent).

... by corroborating with the Compubox numbers for the second half of the fight (i.e. Pac outlanded Vargas 98-54 over last 6 rounds), one may understand why Moretti scored it almost a draw...

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                  Robbery of the year...........yeah right.

Exactly!!! Well said. Its stupid to think any different. What fight was that guy watching.
                  I think he is just sturing the shi+ or lost his glasses. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
                    I find that funny too. These clowns don't realize a perfect shot could ko anyone. While talking fantasy match up with GG at 154, everyone says easy ko. Why? Because of the same lucky punch by Marquez. Come on. At 154 Pac would kill a weight drained GGG, respect this legend. Only person he can't beat is May, TC is okay but he ain't ready for Pac in the next year. I still say a serious Broner smashes TC.

I don't know what fight you were watching but Pacquiao looked like a 37 year old version of his self.

He had no fire last night. Terrance Crawford is gonna retire him in the spring.

Pacquiao isn't washed up, but he isn't beating anybody who can box and punch at this point in his career.

vargas isn't that good, everybody knew this since the day pac cherry picked him. We saw bradley take 11 rounds off the kid. So we knew he wouldnt beat pacman. Pacquiao did what he was supposed to do. He beat a slow light punching fighter.

The question is will he fight somebody that is considered the real deal next

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      A routine win for Pacquiao. He's still good enough to beat decent guys like that without looking anywhere near his best.
                      Age catches us with us all though, and Pacquiao does look a different fighter these days.

I thought the 118-109 cards were about right. The 114-113 was a shocker.
                      Yeah, I didn't see anything special with this win...actually I fell asleep three times because it was basically wash, rinse, repeat every round. Pac still get hit to clean...if this Pac fights Crawford, he's dog food in nine...believe that.

Comment

Working...
                      X