No announcement yet.

Lets be honest here, Cotto is no longer an elite fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets be honest here, Cotto is no longer an elite fighter

Whether you like it or not, he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Pac/May, infact i wouldnt be suprised if some of the current 140'ers call him out for there first fights at 147, Cotto has a huge fanbase, that is the only reason he is still relevant to the sport, Arum is milking whatever he has left in him. Mayorga gave this guy hell, yes cotto was boxing nicely but come on, MAYORGA, he was catching him all day..

Im not hating on Cotto or his fans, im just tryna say it for what it is, he should get that rematch with Margarito as thats the last big fight i can see him in, unless he wants sergio which i doubt....

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
    Whether you like it or not, he shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Pac/May, infact i wouldnt be suprised if some of the current 140'ers call him out for there first fights at 147, Cotto has a huge fanbase, that is the only reason he is still relevant to the sport, Arum is milking whatever he has left in him. Mayorga gave this guy hell, yes cotto was boxing nicely but come on, MAYORGA, he was catching him all day..

Im not hating on Cotto or his fans, im just tryna say it for what it is, he should get that rematch with Margarito as thats the last big fight i can see him in, unless he wants sergio which i doubt....
    Cotto can have big fights with Margarito,Alvarez,Chavez,Berto,Marquez(if he wants to prove he can hang with Pac at 147) and a few others. I dont think he would win fights with Pac,Mayweather or Martinez at this point but everyone else from 147-154 would be competetive and interesting.

Comment

omg pls stop ruining the internet. i don't even like cotto but just have 2 defend him against n00b ****** logic.

cotto was a small WW, now he's an even smaller JMW.

guess what, this isn't a video game where weight classes don't matter. u put nonito donaire n w/ ricardo mayorga rite out of bed smokin a cigarette-- nonito donaire s going 2 look like **** cuz just on size.

cotto's boxing as well as he ever has-- it's just that he doesn't have the power 2 hurt these big mother****ers like he hurt mother****ers @ 40. but 2 say his skills have diminished s pure n00b ****** logic which does not account 4 weight class.

Comment

When you compare him with the current crop of fighters he is still elite. It's close though, I could see myself conceding him being just a step below.

You say he shouldn't be mentioned with FM and Pac yet you say he should fight Martinez if he wants it. He would last and look better against either FM and Pac than he would against Sergio

Comment

He hasn't been elite since the Margarito fight. I still like to watch him, though

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post

He's clearly an elite fighter. Not top 3, but definitely top 10 and can make a legit run for #4 IMO.

Comment

Mayorga was beatin Mosley on some socrecards before Mosley caught him.

Comment

He's small and vulnerable for the real threats at 154lb.

Clearly, he's coming to the end of his run. It's just a matter of matching him in some nice fights that befit his current station (ie. balance the risk and reward more evenly) -- the Margarito rematch is the obvious one, with the added factor of its significance to Cotto's history.

These highly legit and hungry guys would eat him, and for what?

Comment

Working...
                X