Lomachenko is greater than Harry Greb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomachenko is greater than Harry Greb

After 12 fights, anyway.

I'm ready to proclaim this given that the Pittsburgh Windmill had two losses and a draw in his first twelve outings. And he beat 0 world champions during that time.

The numbers don't lie.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM.

Manipulating numbers is easy. Lomachenko had almost 400 amateur fights. He boxed a minimum of 400 rounds and a maximum of 1200. The actual number is probably closer to 1,000. Greb, after boxing 1,000 rounds, was pretty much a certified all time great fighter.

Lomachenko at 25 years old had 1 pro fight to his name. Greb on the other hand had beaten Battling Levinsky, Bill Brennan, Mike Gibbons, Billy Miske, Chuck Wiggins, Jack Dillon, Mike O'Dowd, and Jack Blackburn. All better than the cab driver that Loma beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
      Manipulating numbers is easy. Lomachenko had almost 400 amateur fights. He boxed a minimum of 400 rounds and a maximum of 1200. The actual number is probably closer to 1,000. Greb, after boxing 1,000 rounds, was pretty much a certified all time great fighter.

Lomachenko at 25 years old had 1 pro fight to his name. Greb on the other hand had beaten Battling Levinsky, Bill Brennan, Mike Gibbons, Billy Miske, Chuck Wiggins, Jack Dillon, Mike O'Dowd, and Jack Blackburn. All better than the cab driver that Loma beat.
      lol even a TS posting a sarcastic post about this which actually agrees with your ideology, you still get upset and have to post that narrative to discredit a new great fighter.

Comment

Do you think that when Greb was 12 fights into his career he could have beaten someone of the quality of Linares?

I think the answer is clearly no.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Do you think that when Greb was 12 fights into his career he could have beaten someone of the quality of Linares?

Greb didn't have the extensive amature career with access to the best trainers. If he did then yes he would have beat all these guys in his first 12 fights.

Comment

Lomachenko is a great fighter, but has much more to do before being among the greats

Comment

You're rather ignorant on boxing from what I'm gathering in this thread.

Do you think winning two olympic gold medals means nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                lol even a TS posting a sarcastic post about this which actually agrees with your ideology, you still get upset and have to post that narrative to discredit a new great fighter.
                If op was being sarcastic then I didn't know. Hard to convey sarcasm through text. I haven't discredited Loma in any way. I think he has a good argument for being p4p number 1.

Be nasty all you want but I guarantee that the argument won't end well for you.

Comment

You're rather ignorant on boxing from what I'm gathering in this thread.

Do you think winning two olympic gold medals means nothing?
                  So you're saying that an extensive amateur career has to be taken into account, and Lomachenko is not a typical 13 fight professional?

Comment

So you're saying that an extensive amateur career has to be taken into account, and Lomachenko is not a typical 13 fight professional?
                    Wait was this sarcasm the entire time?

Comment

Working...
                    X