No announcement yet.

Roadwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadwork

Hi I’m an amateur boxer currently with 5 fights. I have a question about running- what is better suited for me, a 3 mile run ran under 25-28 minutes or a 3 mile with 10 sprints from telephone pole to telephone pole sprinkled in between? I tried both and I wanna hear you guys opinions.

Originally posted by asianboxer54 View Post
    Hi I’m an amateur boxer currently with 5 fights. I have a question about running- what is better suited for me, a 3 mile run ran under 25-28 minutes or a 3 mile with 10 sprints from telephone pole to telephone pole sprinkled in between? I tried both and I wanna hear you guys opinions.
    Everyone is different. Does your body react any different between the two?

Comment

I definitely feel like my legs get rekt more by the sprinting.

Comment

Jogging with sprints. That mimics a real fight. Especially amateur.

Comment

Sprints are badass and effective!

Comment

Do whatever makes your heart beat the hardest and the sweat to come pouring out of you. Mix in pushups and situps, springs, slow jogging, fast jogging. Mix it up. But at the end of the workout, if you're not pouring sweat and tired, you didn't do enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote142 View Post
              Do whatever makes your heart beat the hardest and the sweat to come pouring out of you. Mix in pushups and situps, springs, slow jogging, fast jogging. Mix it up. But at the end of the workout, if you're not pouring sweat and tired, you didn't do enough.
              For me it depends on how hot it is. If im training in the cold, I dont really sweat that much.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                For me it depends on how hot it is. If im training in the cold, I dont really sweat that much.
                Man, how do you do it though? Running at heavy weight. I weigh around 270 right now, trying to get to 230-240. but for us running is troublesome for the knees. we can't just normally hit the pavement like some of these guys lol. I recall lennox lewis having serious knee issues before the klistchko fight and him blaming it on road running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren28 View Post
                  Man, how do you do it though? Running at heavy weight. I weigh around 270 right now, trying to get to 230-240. but for us running is troublesome for the knees. we can't just normally hit the pavement like some of these guys lol. I recall lennox lewis having serious knee issues before the klistchko fight and him blaming it on road running.
                  I use my gym bike more often now. I did start getting knee pain from running too much.

Comment

i love adding running routines in the mix, i'm just afraid of the knee problems and would love to avoid it. I look to train on grass whenever possible for this very reason. But as of now I don't have that option available to me. driving to workout every morning isn't realistic.

and jogging to the location isn't viable either. trying to avoid the pavement in general as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X