Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ortiz v joyce rumoured for wilder/fury undercard (hatmanstrikesback)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this event has a lot of potential if done right - using two fights for Ortiz and Joyce already feels like a letdown. Chavez JR being the biggest letdown of them all. The last time JR fought in LA people were throwing beers at him and tearing off his merchandise to trample it

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I just can't imagine there not being one Latino fighter on the undercard, preferably one from Southern California.

But obviously with the guarantees of both Wilder/Fury, hard to put on a strong UC with big names.
      Disclaimer : it's .5:25 pm nd. Am smashed off.my **** in UK time..I've. Been drinking since 10am our time.. but I agree bigtime that this needs a Hispanic to draw the buys.

If Haymon does this card with no Hispanics and 3 HW bouts with ortiz and Joyce facing menial opponents then this card flops even for the casual market

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        Disclaimer : it's .5:25 pm nd. Am smashed off.my **** in UK time..I've. Been drinking since 10am our time.. but I agree bigtime that this needs a Hispanic to draw the buys.

If Haymon does this card with no Hispanics and 3 HW bouts with ortiz and Joyce facing menial opponents then this card flops even for the casual market
        Ortiz and Joyce will not be the selling points.
        I do believe a Hispanic will be here. Santa-Cruz, Mares or now even Chavez Jr which is the new rumor.

Let's take a look at all the rumoured fighters-fights appearing on this PPV.

Leo Santa-Cruz vs Gary Russell Jr or TBA
        Gervanta Davis vs Abner Mares
        David Benavidez vs Anthony Dirrell
        Mikey Garcia vs Errol Spence Jr
        Keith Thurman
        Jarrett Hurd
        Luis Ortiz
        Joe Joyce
        Julio Cesar Chave Jr

Comment

the guy is 5-0 and Ortiz is his next opponent after his Kiladze fight?

I really hope not lol.

Comment

Doubt it, too big of a jump for Joyce, maybe vs Gerald Washington on the undercard and maybe Luis Ortiz vs Breazeale

Lets see what comes out of the WBC Convention, maybe Suliman will order an eliminator or something

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              Him, Chavez Jr vs Badou Jack?
              He said he had a huge fight in December coming up. Doesn't make sense but at same time makes sense
              Yeah...I could see Chavez making 175...maybe

Comment

Joyce is a stiff bum....Ortiz will eat him alive

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  He's been knocking everyone out in the pros and is arguably Britain's most decorated amateur of all time
                  mate, joe joyce is not good enough to beat Luis Ortiz by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Working...
                  X