Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 07:13 PM #151
aboutfkntime aboutfkntime is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 31,703
Quoted: 14740 Post(s)
Rep Power: 70
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 54,416.28
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 55,441.53
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
u can't agree with 1 without agreeing with the other because Canelo clearly can't beat ggg without judges helping him out. When 95% of press row has you losing, that says something.




the winner is the guy who could not get his game going, and got his face all lumped up



no, wait..... that sounds fkn retarded
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.




the winner is obviously the other guy..... the guy who COULD get his game going, and DID NOT get his face all lumped up


Canelo clearly won the rematch, no question

you guys need to learn how to score a fight

and no, looking for something that can technically be described as a pucnh by adding up the jabs..... is NOT how you score a professional boxing match

or an amateur boxing match for that matter

it more comes down to who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight

one guy fought his fight and lumped the other guy up..... and the other guy did not fight his fight, Golovkin could not get his game going at all

Last edited by aboutfkntime; 11-12-2018 at 07:16 PM.
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-12-2018, 07:17 PM #152
aboutfkntime aboutfkntime is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 31,703
Quoted: 14740 Post(s)
Rep Power: 70
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 54,416.28
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 55,441.53
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
GTFOH, getting out worked, landing 90% jabs is not outworking, maybe out landing, but the body of work of Canelo was much more effective and consistent than the pity-pats of Golovkin, the Face of each other at the end of the fight contradicts your statement. and don't give me that crappy talk some people buses easier than others, because GGG was getting punch by Jacobs, Curtis Stevens, Daniel Geele, Proska and even Rosado, yet his face came out unmarked. But Canelo mess his face in both fights and according to you and the other sour grapes out there, he wasn't landing anything of noticed yet GGG's face and liver tells a different story.


that is exactly right

people who use compubox need to give themselves an uppercut and learn how to score a fight
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:21 PM #153
Jab jab boom Jab jab boom is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,887
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Jab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,972.45
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 13,997.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
GTFOH, getting out worked, landing 90% jabs is not outworking, maybe out landing, but the body of work of Canelo was much more effective and consistent than the pity-pats of Golovkin, the Face of each other at the end of the fight contradicts your statement. and don't give me that crappy talk some people buses easier than others, because GGG was getting punch by Jacobs, Curtis Stevens, Daniel Geele, Proska and even Rosado, yet his face came out unmarked. But Canelo mess his face in both fights and according to you and the other sour grapes out there, he wasn't landing anything of noticed yet GGG's face and liver tells a different story.
I stopped reading after you said he landed 90% jabs. He landed a total of 234 punches, 118 were jabs and 116 were power punches. Do the math retard.
Jab jab boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:23 PM #154
j0zef j0zef is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 6,346
Quoted: 2759 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
j0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,975.88
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 14,001.13
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack Back at cha brother!  Cheers to boxing and good conversation! - Redd Foxx Quality Posts always.. - BoxingFan85 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearHypnos View Post
Weíll wait while you bring up a better recent win than a top 5 p4p fighter like GGG.

Hell, weíll wait for a top 20 theyíve even fought.

Loma does have Rigo and he should rightfully be somewhere towards the top. Usyk and Crawford are indeed studs but their quality of opposition is so far back that no one would take it serious in comparison.


Usyk is the best fighter in his division. Fair play to him.

Crawford isnít or at least doesnít seem to be interested enough to prove it by fighting the top guys in his div.

Loma and Mikey are/were(?) on a collision to determine theirs with both making the case for it.

Canelo just beat a literal reigning p4p kingpin in the division on a historic run to cement his status. Not to mention his *already* better resume...

We can hate on the ginger all we want but heís earned it. With the absence of Ward, Canelo is by far the number 1 right now based on merit.

Usyk beating AJ or Wilder is now something to talk about.

Crawford establishing himself with a win over Spence Or Thurman with a win over one of the others (Like Porter) realistically puts him in the *convo* for #1. Thatís what it would take to put him in the convo right NOW. By then, the other guys will have (assuming) built even better resumes.

So long as Canelo keeps winning itís going to be near impossible to move him from there especially if he throws in a big fight a year or so.

Itís like with Ward. Only retirement or a loss would have bumped him off..no one could catch up at that point except Canelo who woulda made a great case.


If Usyk beat Wilder and AJ and cleared out the hw division though...no lie we might be talking about an atg type of status not just p4p.
Only problem is that "win" is extremely disputed. In the eyes of majority, he lost the first fight and either drew or lost the 2nd fight.

Because their skill levels are so close based on the results, the very best you can do is say that a paper win means he's better by 1 rank - meaning that whereever Golovkin is, you put Canelo on top. Golovkin was not #1 P4P. He hasn't been in a couple of years. He averaged around #3 or #4, which means Golovkin slides down 1 spot and Canelo goes on top.

The same exact argument was used in regards to Ward-Kovalev 1. That win was extremely disputed, but because it was the official decision, Ward was on top of Kovalev by 1 rank.


Comparing this to Loma-Rigo, Loma was ~top5/3 P4P, and Rigo was top10. But Loma made Rigo quit in the middle of the fight. That showed the difference in class and what cemented him as top 2 P4P.
j0zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:24 PM #155
Jab jab boom Jab jab boom is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,887
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Jab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,972.45
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 13,997.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
the winner is the guy who could not get his game going, and got his face all lumped up



no, wait..... that sounds fkn retarded
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.




the winner is obviously the other guy..... the guy who COULD get his game going, and DID NOT get his face all lumped up


Canelo clearly won the rematch, no question

you guys need to learn how to score a fight

and no, looking for something that can technically be described as a pucnh by adding up the jabs..... is NOT how you score a professional boxing match

or an amateur boxing match for that matter

it more comes down to who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight

one guy fought his fight and lumped the other guy up..... and the other guy did not fight his fight, Golovkin could not get his game going at all
yeah, so we'll ignore canelo getting out worked in 75% of the 24 rounds, his inability to get past a jab, the fact that the only one that was visibly hurt was Canelo (10th round) and that a 28 yr old can't Outland a 36 yr old who you guys refer to as a hype job. Yes, let's all be overwhelmed by the great Canelo Alvarez.
Jab jab boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:23 PM #156
Kazeki Kazeki is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 87
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Kazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these partsKazeki is infamous around these parts
Points: 5,431.68
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 6,451.83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
now jabs don't count? I could break down how so called power punches don't all land with power and how getting out worked round after round dies impact scoring but that level of knowledge is probably above your head
Jabs count but from what i was saying earlier a lot of jabs thrown by golovkin were weak. You can tell how weak they were by looking at him throwing them. Also, he threw a lot of weak power punches as you could see the ones where he was throwing them with mean intentions. Canelo on the other was throwing mostly all his power punches with mean intentions hence he damaged golovkinís face badly. And about getting outworked, this isnít the old amateurs where fighters throw slapping punches just to increase their landed percentage without trying to infict damage. Canelo and golovkin had a similar punch landed percentage, but clearly caneloís were the harder ones. You want to talk about scoring also? When golovkin fans love bringing up total punches landed for the reason he won the fight not realizing judges dont see those punch stats
Kazeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:33 PM #157
Jab jab boom Jab jab boom is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,887
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Jab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,972.45
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 13,997.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeki View Post
Jabs count but from what i was saying earlier a lot of jabs thrown by golovkin were weak. You can tell how weak they were by looking at him throwing them. Also, he threw a lot of weak power punches as you could see the ones where he was throwing them with mean intentions. Canelo on the other was throwing mostly all his power punches with mean intentions hence he damaged golovkinís face badly. And about getting outworked, this isnít the old amateurs where fighters throw slapping punches just to increase their landed percentage without trying to infict damage. Canelo and golovkin had a similar punch landed percentage, but clearly caneloís were the harder ones. You want to talk about scoring also? When golovkin fans love bringing up total punches landed for the reason he won the fight not realizing judges dont see those punch stats
you minimizing the impact of being out worked, minimizing the impact of a jab, and saying that ggg landed mainly slappy punches makes me question your credibility. Canelo is the flashier puncher and the better combination puncher but he was controlled the majority of most rounds. He tried to win his rounds by fighting in spurts as he always does. Judges just happen to love him as has been proven in almost every 12 round fight he's had over the past 5 yrs. He gets ridiculous scores in his favor.
Jab jab boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:45 PM #158
NearHypnos NearHypnos is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,225
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 13,943.63
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 14,968.88
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0zef View Post
Only problem is that "win" is extremely disputed. In the eyes of majority, he lost the first fight and either drew or lost the 2nd fight.

Because their skill levels are so close based on the results, the very best you can do is say that a paper win means he's better by 1 rank - meaning that whereever Golovkin is, you put Canelo on top. Golovkin was not #1 P4P. He hasn't been in a couple of years. He averaged around #3 or #4, which means Golovkin slides down 1 spot and Canelo goes on top.

The same exact argument was used in regards to Ward-Kovalev 1. That win was extremely disputed, but because it was the official decision, Ward was on top of Kovalev by 1 rank.


Comparing this to Loma-Rigo, Loma was ~top5/3 P4P, and Rigo was top10. But Loma made Rigo quit in the middle of the fight. That showed the difference in class and what cemented him as top 2 P4P.
That’s the issue. People will nit pick the hell out of Canelo (and they used to for Ward also). No mention of Rigo’s age, size, etc or who Loma beat on the p4p to get there.

Canelo beats a guy on a longer tear than Rigo, who’s bigger than him, and who’s a CURRENT top p4p fighter, but it’s a “paper” win. Hell, Loma has a more recent loss than Canelo. Loma was never top 3 pre rigo and that’s why to this day people (though I disagree) still say Loma is hype because he just randomly is given crazy ranks without merit.


The records book dont care about fantasy wins or slow mo-muted commentary or disputed wins or losses. Results are results and the decisions have stood. P4p doesnt run off division rankings. Just because Canelo “just” gets by Gennady doesnt mean he only goes up one spot over him as if everyone else on the p4p list also got in the ring with and beat Golovkin better lmao.

As great as Loma is, he’s not even in the discussion as p4p number 1 unless he beats Mikey and Mikey is out here making wills and taking crazy fights that will undoubtedly lower his status if he loses and thus, lower the value of a win by Loma. Canelo would have to either lose or sit out all the way until Loma beats Mikey to even start debating if he deserves number 1.

Top 5? Sure. But right now boxing has a legitimate and eeeeaaasy number 1.

Anyone under him is actually up to debate, but not so with him.

We don’t have to like it (and many hate it) but anyone who doesn’t have Canelo number 1 is a hater who would never have him number 1 regardless.

He could run into the ring during Wilder-Fury and beat them both up at the same time and then call AJ in and beat him too and people would say “AJ didnt train. Wilder never had skills. Fury is a depressed druggie! Of course they can’t touch Canelo, they’re so slow lolololoLoLo”
NearHypnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:48 PM #159
revelated revelated is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,167
Quoted: 3077 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,827.09
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 19,852.34
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeki View Post
Jabs count but from what i was saying earlier a lot of jabs thrown by golovkin were weak. You can tell how weak they were by looking at him throwing them.
No, I don't believe you. According to cats on NSB, Golovkin's jab is like a power punch.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:53 PM #160
aboutfkntime aboutfkntime is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 31,703
Quoted: 14740 Post(s)
Rep Power: 70
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 54,416.28
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 55,441.53
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
yeah, so we'll ignore canelo getting out worked in 75% of the 24 rounds, his inability to get past a jab, the fact that the only one that was visibly hurt was Canelo (10th round) and that a 28 yr old can't Outland a 36 yr old who you guys refer to as a hype job. Yes, let's all be overwhelmed by the great Canelo Alvarez.


I doubt that pitty-pat stuff would be scored by REAL judges

wait..... forget doubt, it wasn't scored by the experienced judges

/story

even the judge who awarded the first fight to Golovkin knew what was up

the cleaner/harder punches were obviously landed by Canelo

effective aggression OBVIOUSLY went to Canelo, because he backed up Golovkin and dished him up

ring generalship, and control of the fight went to Canelo

and once again, Canelo had the better defence

the argument that Golovkin won the fight is extremely weak, and proof that most casual-fans DKSAB

while Jabkin flicked out some jabs, Canelo was winning the exchanges and controlling the fight
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.