Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew - Just a World-Class Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iamboxing handshake for what you said it's true it's just a shame other people on this forum can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      What a bunch of miserable bastards. He just retired after trying everything at his disposal to win. Consider this article a requiem for a boxing career. Pay your respects or **** off.
      Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
      Iamboxing handshake for what you said it's true it's just a shame other people on this forum can't see it.
      This is what you expect at Bscene now. Unfortunately, most of the people who post here have no knowledge of boxing and no respect for boxers.

Tony Bellew may not have elite level skill or talent, but he has heart, character, and a will of iron. He was outclassed by a great opponent but gave everybody who paid to watch this fight their money's worth and more.

Boxing needs men like Bellew. He will be missed.

Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
        He beat cleverly in a rematch you know at cruiserweight? But you know that right?

Edit > that was for tatabayna
        Of course I do know. It's just that I rate Cleverly so little that I don't even consider that win as worthy of mention.

Oh, right - I forgot the utter devastation of the legendary BJ Flores, that definitely increases the all-time standing of Bellew

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          This is what you expect at Bscene now. Unfortunately, most of the people who post here have no knowledge of boxing and no respect for boxers.

Tony Bellew may not have elite level skill or talent, but he has heart, character, and a will of iron. He was outclassed by a great opponent but gave everybody who paid to watch this fight their money's worth and more.

Simple as that.
          I do not recognize myself in what you wrote in the first paragraph.

I do agree with you on everything else. The point of my remarks is just to emphasize how aggrandizing the article's headline is. Tony Bellew was definitely as respectable as every serious fighter there is, and he has been willing to mix it up against superior foes.

But a world class fighter he ain't, and has never been. He has FOUGHT against world class fighters, but has not reached that level.

Neither elite, nor world class then. Call him an overachiever, only at times entertaining.
          Last edited by Tatabanya; 11-12-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Bellew showed all his skills in his last fight. Good effort from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              I never really liked Bellew myself but for sure he did take chances and over achieved. Naturally he wasn’t a super talent but he had all the determination in the world, not did similar to Carl Froch albeit Froch was a lower weight and his Chin made the difference. You can’t have a chin that takes some shots he does, and lets face it if David Haye had been as fit as we expected he would’ve walked through him too.

But don’t dis credit the man, there is no shame is giving someone a send off who has put his career into entertaining our sport and it will be interesting to see how many ppv’s They achieved but would think close to half a mil?
              I agree. He wasnt overly talented and no skill of his really sticks out to me? He definitely overachieved.

I give Bellew mad props. I'll take these Warriors like him and Kovalov willing to get KTFO over QUITTERS like Rig. (Which hand I hurt???) and I quit Walters any and EVERY day.

Salute!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Simple as that.
                Well Said!!!

Comment

Well written, quality article.

Comment

Patriotism will only take you so far when a detached analysis of the facts is required.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                      Exactly and what had makabu done before or after that fight?

It was probably one of his first fights outside his home and it was in that ****ing shed goodison, the atmosphere probably got to him.

It was the first chance of something being won at goodison since 95 so the fans were rabid.

I think on paper his best win is maternak but i think anywere other than a hearn undercard he wouldnt have got the nod.
                      The Blues I know were a bit over the top with Bellew as a fighter. They had gone from not knowing who he was before the Goodison fight, to calling him one of Britain's best ever for beating a ran down Haye. One lad I know even called him a 2 weight world champ, because for some reason he was convinced the Haye fight was for a world title. He was adamant on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X