No announcement yet.

Comics and Graphic Novels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comics and Graphic Novels

What do you read, what do you like, and why am I talking about this geeky shit?

Manga. I like Marvel too but mostly Manga.

Graphic novels? No idea.

I draw, my style is manga, so I like manga.

Comment

The killing joke, A death in the family, The long halloween, The dark knight returns. That covers batman. Punisher War Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        The killing joke, A death in the family, The long halloween, The dark knight returns. That covers batman. Punisher War Journal.
        Have you read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth? Not the adaptation of the video game but the book itself from 1989 with amazing artwork by Dave McKean?

That one has to be in any round-up of Batman work.

Preacher is my favourite series but there's a new series called Saga that just won a couple of Eisners this week for best new series and best continuing series along with best writing for co-creator Brian K Vaughan (Y the Last Man).

The actual premise is nothing special, forbidden love between a man and a woman from opposite sides of a pointless war leads to them having a child. The story is basically about them running away. What makes it brilliant is the very human way the characters interact with one another, despite the fact that nobody is human.

I'm also reading Locke and Key, Mind the Gap, Fatale and the Boys.

I reckon the Boys would get a few fans on here.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Have you read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth? Not the adaptation of the video game but the book itself from 1989 with amazing artwork by Dave McKean?

That one has to be in any round-up of Batman work.

Preacher is my favourite series but there's a new series called Saga that just won a couple of Eisners this week for best new series and best continuing series along with best writing for co-creator Brian K Vaughan (Y the Last Man).

The actual premise is nothing special, forbidden love between a man and a woman from opposite sides of a pointless war leads to them having a child. The story is basically about them running away. What makes it brilliant is the very human way the characters interact with one another, despite the fact that nobody is human.

I'm also reading Locke and Key, Mind the Gap, Fatale and the Boys.

I reckon the Boys would get a few fans on here.
          Naw I havent. Ill get it if I come across it though. Saga sounds good.

Comment

Anyone read east of west? I hear its reaaaalllly good.
            I'm a converted dc fanboy so I read justice league, Batman, superman unchained, Nightwing, Batman inc, trying to get into some animal man, Swamp thing & maybe Aquaman.
            I love reading neil gaimans Sandman and I've read Serious House on Serious Earth. It was hauntingly beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Naw I havent. Ill get it if I come across it though. Saga sounds good.
              Another one worth checking out for a laugh is Axe Cop. Originally a web series, it's written by the artist's five year old brother, so it makes no sense at all. Axe Cop is a cop who wanted to be a firefighter so he stole a fireman's axe and uses it to fight crime with his best friend who is a dinosaur.

For something a bit more coherent there's Chew about a special agent who has the power of being able to tell the entire history of something by eating it.

Comment

My favorite story arcs and stories off the top of my head would be:

Mutant Massacre

The Infinity Gauntlet

Secret Wars

Annihilation

Silver Surfer: Requiem

Comment

I wonder if they introduce Earth 3 and The Crime Syndicate of Amerika in Forever Evil

Comment

Huge graphic novel fan, although my collection is centered mostly around Batman, I do have a few other classics. These are few of my favorite non-Batman books I got.

Comment

Working...
                    X