Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 AM #21
The ugly American

Quoted: 11500 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,657.43
Total Points: 228,504.28
Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY 
No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony 
Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ To celebrate Bidens win........ - Robbie Barrett 

Part of why Teddy reacted that way is that he knew if Tyson got away with grabbing and lewd comments, he would go further with the girl the next time.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM #22
Hattonites Unite!!!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Onslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 18,484.00
Top Limey - Welter_Skelter Serb Killer - travi$ A true pwnage master. - P4PKING_2008 9000 Posts and 9000 Beers! - BostonGuy fat cunt - azza 
haha, here you go...for the man with authority - TarverFan1989 We Fresh! - Dorian sit on this and have fun mickybitc h - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - project xxx1 

Fair enough. Teddy Atlas just did the instinctive thing.

Mike Tyson later became a convicted rapist and this only adds weight to Teddy's idea that he did the right thing by threatening Tyson. What else was Teddy gonna do? Offer Tyson out for a punch-up?

Tyson should have kept his hands to himself.

Just out of curiousity- How did Teddy Atlas get that scar on his face??? I've always wondered.
Onslow. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 AM #23
The ugly American

Quoted: 11500 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,657.43
Total Points: 228,504.28
Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY 
No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony 
Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd They never change, man. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Keep on with the good posting. - Vlad_ To celebrate Bidens win........ - Robbie Barrett 

It's a knife wound. He got into alot of trouble as a young man before he got serious about boxing. His book is a great read. And it's not just about him, he talks about training and his interaction with fighters, promoters, etc. His Bob Arum story is hilarious.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 PM #24
The HW Sugar Ray!

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
butterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 22,953.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaman View Post
The guy probably got a hard on, he had to shoot somewhere close to Tyson to ''prove his point''. Do you know how many times he has told this story? He is so proud of it, he probably still gets off on it.
The reason it is cowardly is because he couldn't ask Tyson if he did it, to his face without a gun. He claimed he knew Tyson and his weaknesses, Tyson wouldn't have beat him up if he confronted him without the gun. Yet he still did it like a real badass, and he still has to tell this story in every interview because he was so badass. That's what annoys me. Ofcource Mike was a fool for grabbing a young booty.
But whatever, this was a long time ago, and something personal between Tyson and scarface.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
butterfly1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond reputeHydro has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,227.00

Teddy Atlas is the most overrated pro trainer in history.

He's even more overrated than Kevin Rooney since most people will say that it wasn't like Rooney was a great trainer, it was just good chemistry with him and Tyson.
Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 PM #26
FUCK CALHOUN.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,680.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyb View Post
Fair enough. Teddy Atlas just did the instinctive thing.

Mike Tyson later became a convicted rapist and this only adds weight to Teddy's idea that he did the right thing by threatening Tyson. What else was Teddy gonna do? Offer Tyson out for a punch-up?

Tyson should have kept his hands to himself.

Just out of curiousity- How did Teddy Atlas get that scar on his face??? I've always wondered.
him and a buddy were ridin around drinking beer

a car cut em off, and then they cut the car off...drama ensued, 4 guys were in their car and he was with a ***** friend who got on the roof of the car they were in,

as ted says he ran up, knocks driver, who he said and i quote 'Was a tall black guy who had a cigarette in his hand'... silly and goes to the next guy, they handle him well until driver regains senses,whips out a blade and gives him the cut..
SquareCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:07 AM #27
Liberty

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Benny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond reputeBenny Leonard has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,465.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Teddy Atlas is the most overrated pro trainer in history.

He's even more overrated than Kevin Rooney since most people will say that it wasn't like Rooney was a great trainer, it was just good chemistry with him and Tyson.

I am not on the inside so I really cannot say if Atlas is a bad trainer other than the antics he pulls in the corner during fights or the showing he had with Grant at the end of one of his bouts. Maybe it is OK what he does, maybe not, it depends on the situation, the fighter, and the result(s).

Shannon Briggs and Michael Moorer seem to love the person and think he is very knowledgeable so...

Atlas was also there for part of the building of Mike's "Foundation"

I would not be surprised if Teddy actually knows a hell of a lot more than the majority of trainers out there, but maybe his ego/attitude due to a possible screw loose in his wiring, prevents him from being a good overall trainer. But hey, I do not know the guy.

Remember, this is the same guy who was entrusted with running Cus D'amato's gym. Cus is not going to let some guy who does not know boxing, both in teaching technique and knowing history, run his gym.

For Rooney: Anybody that has watched Tyson from the early part of his career, knows that Tyson improved with every fight leading up to this Title fight with Berbick, and his confidence grew from there until he left Rooney. Rooney used to yell out instructions to Mike during the fight and he listened. If Mike started to slip in his performance in a fight, it was Rooney who instructed him, keeping him on track during fights.

Kevin was not perfect either from what I read; he had his own "issues" to deal with, but who does not.

One thing I do know is that when Mike and Kevin were together, those were some exciting times for boxing.

Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-11-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Benny Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 PM #28
The HW Sugar Ray!

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
butterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond reputebutterfly1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 22,953.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leonard View Post
I am not on the inside so I really cannot say if Atlas is a bad trainer other than the antics he pulls in the corner during fights or the showing he had with Grant at the end of one of his bouts. Maybe it is OK what he does, maybe not, it depends on the situation, the fighter, and the result(s).

Shannon Briggs and Michael Moorer seem to love the person and think he is very knowledgeable so...

Atlas was also there for part of the building of Mike's "Foundation"

I would not be surprised if Teddy actually knows a hell of a lot more than the majority of trainers out there, but maybe his ego/attitude due to a possible screw loose in his wiring, prevents him from being a good overall trainer. But hey, I do not know the guy.

Remember, this is the same guy who was entrusted with running Cus D'amato's gym. Cus is not going to let some guy who does not know boxing, both in teaching technique and knowing history, run his gym.

For Rooney: Anybody that has watched Tyson from the early part of his career, knows that Tyson improved with every fight leading up to this Title fight with Berbick, and his confidence grew from there until he left Rooney. Rooney used to yell out instructions to Mike during the fight and he listened. If Mike started to slip in his performance in a fight, it was Rooney who instructed him, keeping him on track during fights.

Kevin was not perfect either from what I read; he had his own "issues" to deal with, but who does not.

One thing I do know is that when Mike and Kevin were together, those were some exciting times for boxing.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
butterfly1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM #29
Contender

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Franko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond reputeFranko has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,795.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengidaro View Post
I recently watched a documentary on Mike Tyson called Fallen Champ: The Untold Story of Mike Tyson. In this movie I learned about when Atlas was working as a trainer with Cus D'Amato at his Catskill Boxing Club. After Cus brought Tyson up to his house in Catskill Mike became a fairly okay kid. But after winning the Junior Olympics he started to become pretty full of himself. It was at this time that Cus started to let Mike do whatever he wanted to. Mike made "lewd and sexual comments" toward a very young girl that Atlas knew. That night when Atlas found out he took him to the empty boxing gym and held a gun to Mike's head and told him that he needed to stop. Three days later Atlas was fired.

This was news to me anyone else?
I thought that it was common knowledge, as Atlas tells the story so very often. The point is that when Atlas held a gun to Tyson's head, Tyson was still only a kid. However, no-one on here can say for sure how out of control Tyson was. If anyone (kid or not) did anything to hurt a member of my family in any way then i'd want to do something about it, and Atlas was taking the only action he knew that Tyson would understand.
Franko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:36 PM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4087 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,134.23
Total Points: 182,277.84
Autism - Marchegiano 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
It's a knife wound. He got into alot of trouble as a young man before he got serious about boxing. His book is a great read. And it's not just about him, he talks about training and his interaction with fighters, promoters, etc. His Bob Arum story is hilarious.
- -Tyson never went to Rikers like Teddy did.

Teddy grabbed his gun to go looking for Donny LaLonde after he was dumped.

We're still waiting on his lost email where he was gonna expose Manny. Guys too criminally bipolar to ever be serious about his boxing career. Ruined every fighter he trained with his corner work farcical like trying to make Bradley into a fireman and other nonsense.

He just lucked into an outlaw sport at the cusp of rhe end of the gods fellas in boxing.
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends