No announcement yet.

Wilder: It's Like Buying House; Accept Price THEN Contract Follows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    All this is telling me aboutnthe posters that can’t See this is a somewhat similar situation

Is

A) they’ve never bought or negotiated for a piece of property. You realize the first thing you do is negotiate the price and if that’s accepted then you work out the details such as closing date , inspection or What ever other clause they see fit and the buyer /seller can walk if the clauses aren’t met

But the price is always the issue that needs to be agreed upon before proceeding. AJ States his price , Wilders team agreed now if you want to proceed just say you’ll accept the price offered and then move forward with the details

What’s so hard to figure out

The reasonig of these people , when you buy a house you need to meet with the seller first or when you buy a house the buyer can try and pay 1 dollar a year for a million years or The house might be a cabin in the ghetto if you don’t have a iron clad agreement before you settle in the price . Just shows that these posters have no f.ucking clue what their talking about and will come with any excuse / reason in their mind why AJ should turn down a offer he ls on record saying he’d accept no questions asked
    Hmmm, I'm a homeowner, which means I've successfully negotiated and bought a house, I've purchased and sold several cars, and I'm currently selling my house...

The price is one of the first things you, superficially, agree on, sure, but multiple meetings are established before getting under contract, which seems to be closer to what team Wilder is asking.

Let's say I'm selling my house for $260,000, and someone tells me they'll bring it cash next month when we close, to just promise them
    I'll be there to sign the contract.

Even though that person is offering me the price I'm asking for, I still need to know the rest of the details before committing. What if he needs me to cover all fees, closing costs, pay for a house inspection after the fact and pay for all repairs his house inspector identifies, etc.?

On the other hand, when a buyer is serious, him/her/ the realtor, will iron all that out, no issues, no drama. After all that the contract is a formality, sure, but serious buyers carry themselves like people who want to make a deal, not like people who seem like they are trying to hide something.

By the way, I'm not even an AJ apologetic, Hearns flat fee offer to Wilder was bull****. I'm actually enjoying this little play by team Wilder, but, I also want to see the fight, and if the offer is serious, I'm sure they could meet and talk about the other conditions of the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
      Hmmm, I'm a homeowner, which means I've successfully negotiated and bought a house, I've purchased and sold several cars, and I'm currently selling my house...

The price is one of the first things you, superficially, agree on, sure, but multiple meetings are established before getting under contract, which seems to be closer to what team Wilder is asking.

Let's say I'm selling my house for $260,000, and someone tells me they'll bring it cash next month when we close, to just promise them

Even though that person is offering me the price I'm asking for, I still need to know the rest of the details before committing. What if he needs me to cover all fees, closing costs, pay for a house inspection after the fact and pay for all repairs his house inspector identifies, etc.?

On the other hand, when a buyer is serious, him/her/ the realtor, will iron all that out, no issues, no drama. After all that the contract is a formality, sure, but serious buyers carry themselves like people who want to make a deal, not like people who seem like they are trying to hide something.

By the way, I'm not even an AJ apologetic, Hearns flat fee offer to Wilder was bull****. I'm actually enjoying this little play by team Wilder, but, I also want to see the fight, and if the offer is serious, I'm sure they could meet and talk about the other conditions of the agreement.

Yeah but the first thing you agree on is the price at this point there is no contract or going forward until both parties agree on the price once that’s agreed then the contract starts getting drawn up with all the important information and clauses

All Team Wilder is saying is agree to the price (50mil) and then we can iron out the details after and I’m sure if they aren’t up to Hearns liking then he can walk

Hearn won’t commit to that and is just running around in circles “ what if the $ coming from a producer of bitcoins , what if they want to charg100k for the seats “

He should just admit hey if we agree to that figured I lose all control and power in the fight and Indont know especially since this is the last
      Fight AJ has under Matchroom if that’s a smart business move on our end

Not calling you a apologist and my post wasn’t directly calling you out but I’m sure the reason Finkel is playing hardball is because Hearns been a disrespectful c.unt to him and he wants him to relinquish control of the event before they proceed “ Bend the knee and kiss the ring we got the power now b.itch “

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post

But you’re basically proving the point.

If the buyer doesn’t agree to your asking price of $260K, you would NOT meet with them to discuss any other ‘small details’ (additional fees, closing costs, etc.). It’s pointless.

Comment

Yes because everybody buys a house where the estate agent says you can't negotiate the price and you need to agree to purchase the house before they show you the house, before they tell you where it is, before they give you any delails about how many rooms it has etc.

Stupid analogy.
          Last edited by NahMean; 04-29-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Wilder is an idiot when it comes to contractual agreements

He should just accept the 40% cut and give Joshua 60%

Joshua don’t need wilder for big paydays.

Wilder needs Joshua for those big paydays.

Wilder vs breazeale in the Tuscaloosa civic center isn’t exactly a blockbuster.

Wilder can’t even headline a ppv on his own

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Agreeing in principle to one aspect of a negotiation is not a legally enforceable verbal contract. Think about what you're suggesting here. How could any negotiation ever even occur in any industry if giving a thumbs up to one deal point meant you were legally trapped into a deal regardless of the other deal points? Doesn't make any sense.

Which is why if Hearn says that 50 million would be acceptable if the other details are to his liking, they can start negotiating the other details. But if Hearn wouldn't take 50 million no matter what, why would you start negotiating the color of the ring posts?

Thank you for devoting that kind of time to my posts. I'm grateful and very appreciative. Maybe you'll eventually figure out who pays me to post here.

Who said I was paid here to educate people about boxing in all its entirety? I never boxed. I wouldn't dare try to educate people on most aspects of boxing. What I have experience with is negotiating fights, promoting fights, dealing with sanctioning bodies and dealing with TV networks.
              You stated to me on here that you were paid on here to be unbiased and tell the truth or shine light on mis-information within the sport when it's mentioned on here.

Now you're changing your tune and implying that you're paid by someone with a certain avenue of interest. More than likely the WBC, some arm of it.. or who knows could be something to do with haymon.

Either way you're here to protect interests of one party.. and one party only. You're not here to extract mis-information and tell truths... You're here to soon an agenda. You're a shill .. which you never denied.

Now **** off you absolute nonce. I have no interest whatsoever in conversing on here with you..you ****ing leech.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                All this is telling me aboutnthe posters that can’t See this is a somewhat similar situation

Is

A) they’ve never bought or negotiated for a piece of property. You realize the first thing you do is negotiate the price and if that’s accepted then you work out the details such as closing date , inspection or What ever other clause they see fit and the buyer /seller can walk if the clauses aren’t met

But the price is always the issue that needs to be agreed upon before proceeding. AJ States his price , Wilders team agreed now if you want to proceed just say you’ll accept the price offered and then move forward with the details

What’s so hard to figure out

The reasonig of these people , when you buy a house you need to meet with the seller first or when you buy a house the buyer can try and pay 1 dollar a year for a million years or The house might be a cabin in the ghetto if you don’t have a iron clad agreement before you settle in the price . Just shows that these posters have no f.ucking clue what their talking about and will come with any excuse / reason in their mind why AJ should turn down a offer he ls on record saying he’d accept no questions asked
                " You realize the first thing you do is negotiate the price "

How can you negotiate a price without inspecting the house first or even seeing it ( Finkel refuses to show a contract ) ?

Would you agree to buy a house without taking a look inside first ?

So NO , price isnt the 1st thing that comes first .

It cant be because an agreement cant be made unless you know what your buying meets your requirements .

The house represents the contract .

Would you buy a house without going inside ?

You simpleton .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-30-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Let's forget about buying houses and selling cars as neither of them are exactly the same as making a fight!

Joshua said give him $50m and he'd sign. He has now been offered that price. Surely he can now let Wilders team know he will accept that fee, and he's happy to proceed on a "non predjudice" basis to discuss the terms of the contract to see what is entailed to get that money!

As a boxing fan, I just want to see the fight and not hear about these "negotiations", which i still suspect as just all being part of a strategy to build it.

Comment

Lol at all the people here who clearly have never bought a house. The idea that you verbally agree a price which could be legally binding on a property you haven't inspected is moronic.

Even when selling a house the price is always negotiable. You may have a price you have in mind as to how much you want for it and say you want $50 mill. But even if an offer of $50 mill comes in you don't just simply agree. What if this person can only finalise purchase 12 months from now, does this person even have the financing in place in the form of a mortgage or cash in the bank to proceed with purchase.

Anyone having sold a house before will know you do get time wasters. They may have numerous viewings, ask question after question seem like they seriously want it and then either not make an offer or make a ridiculously low one you could never accept. This is what this feels like from Wilder. He says he wants it, might even believe deep down he wants it, but isn't willing to do what it takes to secure a purchase.

What Wilder has basically done is make an offer for the asking price, but the home owner must agree right now to the price with no further negotiations, take the property off the market inside 24 hours or the offer will be void and will refuse to discuss any further details until the property is off the market. Nobody has likely ever agreed to such a demand when selling a house.
                    Last edited by Rubber Ducky; 04-30-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is an absolute halfwit.

Comment

Working...
                      X