Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC needs to get rid of that annoying mexican announcer/broadcaster that's on FS1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tangent...I wish every fight played El Sonidito between rounds that song is so hype

Comment

Ray Flores does commentary? I thought he just did announcing.

Comment

are you talking about tattoo??? dude used to be a radio host.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          he has such an annoying voice, it's almost as if he's trying to sound white and formal at the same time, but his mexican accent is so strong that it overrides it at times. he sounds like a news reporter or weatherman trying to hide what his true voice sounds like.

and the way he says the mexican fighters' names so fast is very annoying. have you heard him say Leo El Terremoto Santa Cruz? he says it so fast it's like wtf are you saying dude? he's also very biased, he says the Latino fighters names with TONS of enthusiasm and the black or American fighters name very low and quiet. he's like Brian Osuna who works for ESPN who is very biased and only likes mexican fighters.
          OMG That guy's face is distorted when he talks out the side of his mouth, and his words are like they came out of a robot! I was thinking the other day that when he talks with friends and family there is no way he talks fake as hell like he does in front of the camera. Where I really noticed it was when B.J Flores was next to him and was speaking smooth and his words flowed and then hearing that guy made it sound like a computer speaking. They need to get rid of that fake.

Comment

That guy annoys me so much. Reminds me of this...

Comment

Yes I know who you are talking about. I'll say this for him. He is very clear and you can understand every word he says. If a boxer lands any punch harder than a tap he goes crazy with excitement and calls it a devastating punch. He uses every corny boxing expression in the book. He doesn't seem very knowledgeable on boxing at all. Fortunately he usually has a pro boxer helping him announce so you don't have to listen to him all the time. He is very annoying and I couldn't believe him the first time I heard him call a fight. I am used to him now and just try to ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                OMG That guy's face is distorted when he talks out the side of his mouth, and his words are like they came out of a robot! I was thinking the other day that when he talks with friends and family there is no way he talks fake as hell like he does in front of the camera. Where I really noticed it was when B.J Flores was next to him and was speaking smooth and his words flowed and then hearing that guy made it sound like a computer speaking. They need to get rid of that fake.
                Yeah, that's him. The talking robot who calls fights like a newscaster covering a flood. His face does get distorted. I noticed that right away. At least he is unique, He has his own annoying style. I am glad he is one of a kind.

Comment

Ray Flores

Is it just me??
                  Every time I hear Ray Flores on PBC I hear the same issue....

Every name that ends in an “A” he adds an “M” sound to it.

So California sounds like Californium, as well as any Boxers name that ends in a vowel he always adds an “M” sound to it... Can anyone explain why? It is so annoying, yet I never hear anyone mention it...

Comment

Comment

I used to think his aim was to kiss ass, particularly when he started, but he’s improving in becoming more loose. He just enjoys ‘character’ with sports commentary. He tries too hard, but he’ll become better at it. In the end, if he plays it right, he’ll exceed sports and those Daytime talk shows making $700k a year. Like those Al Roker’s or Don Lemon. LDBC people would call them c00ns, but hey, everyone chooses to speak a certain way because it’s freedom of expression innit. Like ‘ey mayne, we in dis thang mayne!” Everyone wants to be an anchor. Let Ray Flores do his thing

Comment

Working...
                      X