No announcement yet.

How good is Anatoly Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Anatoly Lomachenko?

How good of a coach is Anatoly Lomachenko?

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
    How good of a coach is Anatoly Lomachenko?

Dude's done something right. I'm not a big believer in coincidences and I don't think blind chance lead the Ukraine 2012 Olympic to team to success nor that 2 top p4pers were under his tutelage. That said, we've yet to see what he can do to improve a mature fighter who comes to him to improve his game - his teaching methods may not be as useful to someone who hasn't been exposed to them from relatively early in their careers.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-03-2018, 05:05 AM.

Comment

He's arguably got the top 2 P4P guys in the sport at the moment so he's doing something right. At the same time, you need special athletes to reach the levels those guys are at. Loma and Usyk are gifted but have learned a great way of boxing from early on to go along with their natural abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Dude's done something right. I'm not a big believer in coincidences and I don't think blind chance lead the Ukraine 2012 Olympic to team to success nor that 2 top p4pers were under his tutelage. That said, we've yet to see what he can do to improve a mature fighter who comes to him to improve his game - his teaching methods may not be as useful to someone who hasn't been exposed to them from relatively early in their careers.
        He helped Usyk during 2012 Olypmics and only when Usyk needs major help. he aint preparing him for every fight, neither when he was an amateur.

Comment

This days Cus D Amato. Game changer

Comment

... Anatoly Lomachenko is the best "post Soviet School" trainer in Ukraine...

Comment

He must be an excellent trainer if he singlehandedly led Loma to where he is today. The one critique people can make is the fact that he couldn't solve the style of journeyman Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                The one critique people can make is the fact that he couldn't solve the style of journeyman Salido.
                Seriously. How did that idiot trainer not know Salido wouldn't make weight or be deducted points for low blows? I'm pretty sure those stipulations were in the contract. Even more absurd, one of the judges actually scored that fight for Lomachenko. Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  I would say the "mature" fighter would be the one to blame in this situation if he can't adapt

Comment

if Loma would have pressed earlier in that fight he would have KO Salido. Just watch the ending of that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X