Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ward forced to move up or did he outgrow SMW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Ward forced to move up or did he outgrow SMW?

He was at 173.4lbs with 2 1/2 weeks to go for his fight at 172lbs after being out of the ring for almost two years.

My next fight is contracted at 172lbs. With 2 1/2 weeks left, my weight is good!! #June20th #WardVsSmith

A photo posted by Andre Ward (@andresogward) on

Today

Comment

Abel Sanchez thinks Ward is a 168lb fighter trying to fight naturally larger opponents at 175lbs. Ward himself has stated he has no problem making 168lbs and was influenced / coerced by certain people in boxing to move up.

The Ward haters will tell you he's actually a CW though.......

Comment

I think he just got too big. There was an interview after the Smith fight where he said he tested his weight in camp and got down to 170. He looks pretty normal at LHW.

Maybe he could still squeeze down to 168 but for what? There's not much going on there. If you're gonna struggle with weight there has to be some kind of incentive.
        Last edited by ////; 03-26-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Today

Doesn't the IBF only allow for 10lb morning after rehydration?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Doesn't the IBF only allow for 10lb morning after rehydration?
            Yeah 185 is max

Comment

I would love to see Ward vs Degale but other than that there's nothing left for him at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                Today

Its pretty clear he just outgrew the division. There are quite a few money fights for him at 168, he didnt need to be taking this many tuneups above 168 if he was still serious about 168.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyKnuckles View Post
                  I would love to see Ward vs Degale but other than that there's nothing left for him at 168.
                  Still could happen, degales been talking about moving up himself

Comment

Anyways nobody knows the answer but him. If you hate him you'll say he outgrew it if you like him you'll say he was forced.

Comment

Working...
                    X