Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did No One Complain When De La Hoya Forced Hopkins To A 156 Pound Catchweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did No One Complain When De La Hoya Forced Hopkins To A 156 Pound Catchweight?

Or when the great sugar ray leonard drained the **** out of lalonde to a 167 pound catchweight for Lalondes belt at 175. I dont remember anybody bringing that **** up when it comes to those greats. Most of you newbys dont remember Sugar Ray draining the **** out of lalonde.

because delahoya wasn't the lineal champion at 160?

Comment

Cotto is draining Daniel Geale,who was recently knocked out.Oscar fought the man at 160 that would be the equivalent of Cotto growing some balls and fighting Golovkin. Oscar also came up from 130 which is lower than Cotto ever fought as a professional.I agree that the SRL fight was mostly shameful,but to his credit the guy he was fighting didn't fight like he was drained.

Comment

I remember what Leonard did to Lalonde. It was disgraceful. But there was no internet back then so...public backlash is muted.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          because delahoya wasn't the lineal champion at 160?
          So is ok for Leonard to drain lalonde?

Comment

catch weights in title bouts is bull****! it doesn't matter who does it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Or when the great sugar ray leonard drained the **** out of lalonde to a 167 pound catchweight for Lalondes belt at 175. I dont remember anybody bringing that **** up when it comes to those greats. Most of you newbys dont remember Sugar Ray draining the **** out of lalonde.

Because People knew it wouldn't drain the great Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Why did you complain when Manny made Cotto fight at 145?

Comment

The catchweight for De La Hoya vs Hopkins was actually 157lbs, Hopkins came in at 156lbs to show that he is not that big of a MW and prove a point. He easily made 156, a pound less than the catchweight, and made it looking healthy.

Comment

Probably because most of these fans weren't around the sport that long.

Fighters know the risk of taking a catch weight and they weigh it against the rewards. If the reward wasn't worth it, they sure as he'll wouldn't be taking the risk. Funny thing is the fans complain more than the fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X