Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you shoot video horizontal on iPhone will it remove those black bars on the side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] If you shoot video horizontal on iPhone will it remove those black bars on the side?

If you shoot a video on iPhone horizontally will it remove those black bars on the sides of the video? So when you edit it those black bars don't appear on the wide screen format?

We need to shoot content at this event and they banned video cameras but will allow iPhones only so we figured to shoot the video content horizontally instead of vertically to get ride of those annoying black bars on the side?

Does anyone know? thanks

Yes, if you hold the phone horizontally it will film in a normal widescreen ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Yes, if you hold the phone horizontally it will film in a normal widescreen ratio.
      green k thanks bro. we have like a $10,000 camera that we've been using for all our videos but this event banned them this year for some reason.

so they said we can use iPhones only but we definitely don't want those annoying black bars ruining the video making it look totally unprofessional .

I always wondered why people shoot videos horizontally at concerts now I know lol. Such an unnatural and uncomfortable way to hold the iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
        green k thanks bro. we have like a $10,000 camera that we've been using for all our videos but this event banned them this year for some reason.

so they said we can use iPhones only but we definitely don't want those annoying black bars ruining the video making it look totally unprofessional .

I always wondered why people shoot videos horizontally at concerts now I know lol. Such an unnatural and uncomfortable way to hold the iPhone.
        You're welcome. Open the camera app, and you will see that when you hold the phone horizontally, you will see the Camera controls tilt accordingly, then you know you're in the correct ratio and will not have any black bars on the sides...

Comment

Comment

this, I always wondered why dont they just put a camera sideways so you can still record horizontal and still hold your camera upright.

I mean some of these phones have 3 damn cameras in teh back, surely one can be sideways so you can record widescreen while hold your phone in portrait mode.

Comment

If you shoot a video on iPhone horizontally will it remove those black bars on the sides of the video? So when you edit it those black bars don't appear on the wide screen format?

We need to shoot content at this event and they banned video cameras but will allow iPhones only so we figured to shoot the video content horizontally instead of vertically to get ride of those annoying black bars on the side?

Does anyone know? thanks
              Brother man?

Why didn't you just whip out the phone and try it?

Comment

Warning: shooting iPhone videos will also reduce your battery life by up to 90% in a matter of seconds.

/ObligatorySamsungTroll

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Brother man?

Why didn't you just whip out the phone and try it?
                  OP is a bit simple methinks.

Comment

Working...
                  X