Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was/is Malignaggi's claim to fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was/is Malignaggi's claim to fame?

Was it a win against a mentally destroyed Juan Diaz? Or....?

Because as I remember he lost every big fight he's ever been in, but yet he's an ex-world champion.

Then I see people saying he can beat the likes of Pacquiao, sheer nonsense.

So what exactly is this boxer who is pushing 10 losses and virtually lost every big fight if his life, claim to fame?

What am I missing here?

Gave cotto a good fight

Comment

He has 5 losses, numbnuts. One so disputed they rematched and he won easily.

Paulie is popular because of his toughness, the fact that he's been in with top fighters (and mostly lost) and his mouth.

Comment

Being a good talker.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          Gave cotto a good fight
          So his claim to fame is a game, but losing effort to Cotto. Nice.

Comment

hes a good fighter i believe a 2x champ in 2 weight divisions.

the people saying he beats pac are trolling/upset. the dude lost to broner, and hes still butthurt about that to this day

Comment

Being the only fighter in history to get a haircut mid fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                So his claim to fame is a game, but losing effort to Cotto. Nice.
                Yes, he often likes to compare his losses to hatton and broner to his fight with cotto and say "They don't do ___ as good as cotto!" but he fcking lost the cotto fight clearly. he acts as if a loss to cotto puts him in HOF status

Comment

Excellent boxing skills with an effective jab but lacks power. If he had any kind of sting he possibly beats Cotto, Hatton and Khan.

Comment

He was an unknown fighter going in to the Cotto fight, underdog, looked like just another KO for Cotto. But he fought his heart out to a 115-112 loss in a good fight.

He also beat Edner Cherry, who should be a top 10 LW IMO. Lovemore N'Dou, Juan Diaz 2x, took Senchenko title by TKO in his home country, IMO fought to a draw with Broner, and most recently beat Zab Judah.

Sure he lost to Cotto, Hatton, Khan, that's 3 legit losses against favored guys. It's really not that bad. Add in his lack of pop and you wonder how good Malignaggi really is if he got this far with basically no punching power, he gets his respect based on skills, heart and very good chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X