Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think of buying console. Which is best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't buy either, just yet.

The 360 is far more appealing to me ; because, you know, I'm one of those types of people who buy consoles to play games on. (Not play Blu Ray DVD's, get on the internet, download stuff, etc.....)

But it's failure rate has kept me from purchasing it.

The PS3 is far more reliable but it doesn't have the massive library of titles that the 360 has and seems to be more of an "entertainment system" than a video game console.

Most of the stuff PS3 users have told me were the reasons why it's better than a 360 I already can do with my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      I won't buy either, just yet.

The 360 is far more appealing to me ; because, you know, I'm one of those types of people who buy consoles to play games on. (Not play Blu Ray DVD's, get on the internet, download stuff, etc.....)

But it's failure rate has kept me from purchasing it.

The PS3 is far more reliable but it doesn't have the massive library of titles that the 360 has and seems to be more of an "entertainment system" than a video game console.

Most of the stuff PS3 users have told me were the reasons why it's better than a 360 I already can do with my computer.
      yeah, i can say if you are going to go the ps3 route, wait another month, the "slim" is SUPPOSED to be announced this week with a price cut also....

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
        yeah, i can say if you are going to go the ps3 route, wait another month, the "slim" is SUPPOSED to be announced this week with a price cut also....
        I'm waiting for the holiday season to see who comes out with the best package at the best price.

The slim PS3 sounds enticing, but Microsoft is also rumored to be putting together an Elite 360 package that will be on par with the Halo 3/Fable 2 package.

Whoever puts up the best deal gets my money.

Comment

I'm waiting for the holiday season to see who comes out with the best package at the best price.

The slim PS3 sounds enticing, but Microsoft is also rumored to be putting together an Elite 360 package that will be on par with the Halo 3/Fable 2 package.

Whoever puts up the best deal gets my money.
          yeah, they already got rid of the Pro and replaced it with the Elite at the Pro price, i believe....

i'd confirm but "games" sites are blocked here at work...

if you ever need game news or whatnot, i always direct people to n4g.com...

its got a ****LOAD of links for all games and consoles!

lots of fanboys there too if that's your thing (demise)

Comment

About the red ring of death problem. The older model did have this problem, but the new model with the jasper chip does not. So if you buy a 360 make sure it was manifactured in 2009, otherwise you might get sold an old model, which microsoft are still trying to get rid of.

All 360 elites have the old model chip, there is a great deal coming, they will be selling elites at 300$.(the price of the current "pro") But honestly i wouldn't buy it, cause there are high chances it will **** in your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
              About the red ring of death problem. The older model did have this problem, but the new model with the jasper chip does not. So if you buy a 360 make sure it was manifactured in 2009, otherwise you might get sold an old model, which microsoft are still trying to get rid of.

All 360 elites have the old model chip, there is a great deal coming, they will be selling elites at 300$.(the price of the current "pro") But honestly i wouldn't buy it, cause there are high chances it will **** in your hands.
              again, i cant confirm the link at this time because "games" are blocked... BUT i have read that even the Jasper chip is susceptible....

some reports i read even say it is "worse" (not sure of the validity of the claims though)

but its to each their own... i wont say the ps3 is flawless either, i had to send mine back once....

im just trying to give info for the TS...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread...d=82175&page=3

Comment

When did game consoles become so damn unreliable, you guys?

I still have my original SNES and the thing still works as well now as it did back in '91.

I realize that the more technology advances, the easier it's going to be for console related parts to malfunction.

But seriously ; how come we can launch a satellite into space, put submarines in the ocean, and put a nuclear missle up a camel's ass from 5,000 miles away but we can't make a video game console that doesn't blow up in your face?

Comment

When did game consoles become so damn unreliable, you guys?

I still have my original SNES and the thing still works as well now as it did back in '91.

I realize that the more technology advances, the easier it's going to be for console related parts to malfunction.

But seriously ; how come we can launch a satellite into space, put submarines in the ocean, and put a nuclear missle up a camel's ass from 5,000 miles away but we can't make a video game console that doesn't blow up in your face?
                  im with ya bro.... my nes, genesis (was kinda suspect), ps1 and n64 are all SOLID...

i mean, sure we had to blow on the games to get them to work in the NES but at least it was operable....

Comment

Colecovision FTW

Comment

Originally posted by NicoBLV View Post
                      Wow..

I wasn't just blind firing at this subject, I've played both systems enough to know my facts.

First of all, that statement is true seeing Xbox live has more players than PSN. Not to mention bunches of PS3 players complain about how they get raped on Xbox Live.
                      Once again you are showing how much of an idiot you really, are. You have no proof, that's zero proof, and there are zero statistics that show that PS3 owners are worse at games that 360 owners, that is one of the most ******ed statements I have ever heard. Back it up with facts you moron. How you can know such a statistic is beyond any comprehension, and such a statistic is perhaps impossible to figure out seeing as sole PS3 owners can only play other PS3 owners online and vice versa.

If a PS3 owner who has never played a 360 before and vice versa, decided to one day find and play the opposite system there is without a shadow of a doubt that both persons would have difficulty playing online matches for the simple fact that they aren't used to the controls. Are you really that up Microsoft's @s$hole to make such a weak, false and completely biased statement? You know what type of kid you are? You're that kid in elementary school who went around telling other kids that your dad can beat up there dad without knowing anything about the other kids father. You talk out of your ass

Comment

Working...
                      X