Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever agreed with a fighter ducking someone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Whyte f#cked himself with that example you bring up. He turned down Ortiz when Ortiz was the mando to Wilder fight. Than he got into his still kinda sorta sketchy PED situation after he finally won a mando to Wilder fight.

If you wanna say the WBC is f#cking him over I can see that better than Wilder was ducking him.
    the wbc and pbc are obviously in cahoots. how else could you explain their behavior? i think you are getting your time lines crossed. ortiz was on ped suspencion when wbc gave breazele the mandatory shot instead of whyte who was willing to fight breazele. breazele fought molina instead(2 pbc guys) and that was laughably made an elminator when whyte was ranked above them. there is no cause for that. ortiz wasnt even in the picture at that moment. whyte also offered to fight ortiz after that but ortiz fought rajan conver or something instead

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I always think a boxer is ducking when they ask for a fight, get offered the fight then duck the fight for a less name and pay day.

I don’t really want to start an issue but for me Bradley is an example of that in regards to Khan, and Wilder was an example of that in regards to Joshua, Bhop in regards to RJJ rematch before they finally fought that old age rematch.

Just a few examples that I can remember, please don’t come back at me with the usual “He went on to fight so so and so”.... am just going directly by the thread.
      are you talking about bradley fighting casamayor instead of khan? that was the first fight on his top rank deal. the top rank deal guaranteed him a pac fight. why would he fight khan if he knows hes guaranteed a pac fight? sure he could have fought khan and then pac if he won but thats not ducking and that pac fight isnt guaranteed to happen even if he won. its taking the guaranteed big money better fight. its like when baseball players sign 300 million 10 year deals. hey they could sign a one year 40 million dollar deal, thats better pro rated! cept almost no one actually does that because you take the big money when its there because you never know when it could vanish. bradley took the big fight when it was there
      Last edited by daggum; 01-20-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        No he wasn’t going to be a mandatory. Doesn’t matter how many times you guys tried to twist it. It doesn’t make it true. And what offer was on the table from Team Ortiz for Whyte?
        Twisting it? There's nothing to twist. Whyte turned down a WBC mando fight to get to fight Wilder. That's f#cking the whole "twist". Ain't no offer from Ortiz's team if Whyte doesn't accept the WBC mando. It's a whole you get x days to figure it out or we go to a purse bid on x date thing.

Comment

Duck is what Bowe did with Lewis.

Duck gets thrown around here to easily. I agree if you are not in that weight class it is not a duck. Here at BS they always want a fighter to go up in weight class. They don't believe in being dominant in a weight class. Some fighters don't have that ability to go up in weight like others.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            the wbc and pbc are obviously in cahoots. how else could you explain their behavior? i think you are getting your time lines crossed. ortiz was on ped suspencion when wbc gave breazele the mandatory shot instead of whyte who was willing to fight breazele. breazele fought molina instead(2 pbc guys) and that was laughably made an elminator when whyte was ranked above them. there is no cause for that. ortiz wasnt even in the picture at that moment. whyte also offered to fight ortiz after that but ortiz fought rajan conver or something instead
            Ortiz was the guy cuz Whyte didn't want to fight him. That's how Ortiz got the 1st Wilder fight. Whyte hasn't accepted a mando fight. Others have like Breazeale. Right now Whyte gots next by this time next year iirc cuz he finally accepted & won a wait for it....mando fight.

It's not as cahootable a as some want it to be.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 01-20-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Then ducking doesn't exist. Cuz everyone has their reasons. Why get destroyed by fighter A when i can feast on fighters Y and Z
              Pretty much. No one ever defines it anyway so pretty much any fight can be a 'duck' if you want it to be or alternatively none. About the only time I'd ever consider it appropriate is when a fighter doesn't fight a mando, but even then - as in the Cotto vs GGG example - it'd be stupid to hold a fighter to that standard when there's a far more lucrative offer on the table.

Comment

F#CK NO!

However, I been watching boxing so I'm no longer Naive to this sport to the point in which fans really believe it is all about them and what the want when it is NOT. It is 1000% about Promoters, Advisers, Networks, APPS...making the most money possible off of the sport we love. So YES it is a Business it always has been going all the way back to Jack Johnson vs Jim Jeffries

Not every thing is a "DUCK" some match ups don't happen because while it make Sense to us the fans, it don't make CENTS for the people who actually put the money up to get these fights made as far as Promoters and Investors. Sorry but nobody is in the business of losing money giving the Hardcore fans what they want then a lot of them don't even buy tickets and attending events nor do a lot of them even Pay for PPV's or is subbed to DAZN but yet have a lot of say and a lot of demands

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  F#CK NO!

However, I been watching boxing so I'm no longer Naive to this sport to the point in which fans really believe it is all about them and what the want when it is NOT. It is 1000% about Promoters, Advisers, Networks, APPS...making the most money possible off of the sport we love. So YES it is a Business it always has been going all the way back to Jack Johnson vs Jim Jeffries

Not every thing is a "DUCK" some match ups don't happen because while it make Sense to us the fans, it don't make CENTS for the people who actually put the money up to get these fights made as far as Promoters and Investors. Sorry but nobody is in the business of losing money giving the Hardcore fans what they want then a lot of them don't even buy tickets and attending events nor do a lot of them even Pay for PPV's or is subbed to DAZN but yet have a lot of say and a lot of demands
                  very true...half the guys here complaining about how they want the best fights are in threads saying they dont buy stuff or cant afford certain subs...or dont attend fights....its comical

Comment

I think all boxing fans agree Khan ducked and continues to duck Brook.

Comment

Ward was accused by some of ducking Hopkins. It was a ridiculous claim because beating Hopkins would have done nothing for his career or legacy. So I wouldn’t call Ward’s decision not to fight Hopkins a duck, I think it just made sense for him. There also wasn’t a huge demand to see that fight. Two dirty, boring fighters grappling and trying to out-foul the other for 12 rounds.

Tyson avoiding Foreman was a smart move. Too much risk and would have done nothing for his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X