Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up ith the floyd ducking canelo talk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post

Why is this whole floyd ducking canelo talk coming up? Is it just people hating on floyd, finding something to complain about? Besides matinez, trout (no fanbase), lara (no fan base) and pacquiao, guerrero is the next best option.
    I think Floyd is a excellent fighter and I have pure admiration for the way he has not let his talent squander.

He may of risked not achieving excellence if it hadnt been for strict family according to stuff I read on Floyd in a book .Hence went a bit lapse in training and after a prep talk early on in is career by one of his Uncles(I think it was) got him back disciplined. Hence physical and technical excellence was the bar which they didnt want to shirk from.Since then hasnt looked back.

He's past his prime now and if he wants to take calculated risks and fight the likes of Conor McGregor so be it.I wish he wouldn't though as I wouldnt want to see him loose and tarnish that brilliant legacy.

As for Canelo Floyd knows he is past his prime and doesnt want to fight a improved Canelo. Something which is understandable.Hence I still feel a fit prime Floyd beats a fit prime Canelo comfortably.Floyd at his peak just looks the far more fluid technical boxer to me.
    Last edited by Richard; 01-19-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post

As for Canelo Floyd knows he is past his prime and doesnt want to fight a improved Canelo. Something which is understandable.Hence I still feel a fit prime Floyd beats a fit prime Canelo comfortably.Floyd at his peak just looks the far more fluid technical boxer to me.
      But why not fight a prime nel o whilst you are past prime? What's the worst that could happen, lose maybe?
      Floyd s got more to gain than lose. He's only got unbeaten record to lose. Unless Floyd thinks people think more of that unbeaten record than he does. But to gain he has a lot more to gain. His doubters will have less to doubt if Floyd won. Floods actually pretty good and better than people thought.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 01-19-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I think Floyd is a excellent fighter and I have pure admiration for the way he has not his talent squander.

He may of risked not achieving excellence if it hadnt been for strict family according to stuff I read on Floyd in a book .Hence went a bit lapse in training and after a prep talk early on in is career by one of his Uncles(I think it was) got him back disciplined. Hence physical and technical excellence was the bar which they didnt want to shirk from.Since then hasnt looked back.

He's past his prime now and if he wants to take calculated risks and fight the likes of Conor McGregor so be it.I wish he wouldn't though as I wouldnt want to see him loose and tarnish that brilliant legacy.

A prime Canelo vs a Prime Floyd would not exist because a Prime Canelo is a 168 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
          A prime Canelo vs a Prime Floyd would not exist because a Prime Canelo is a 168 fighter.
          A prime Floyd beating a prime nel o would be a great win. That won't exist. But a past prime Floyd beating a prime nel o is an even greater and more brilliant win. That can exist, doesn't have to be fantasy. Fight nel o coming off a poor performance if neccesary
          A cw of 160lbs

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            But why not fight a prime nel o whilst you are past prime? What's the worst that could happen, lose maybe?
            Floyd s got more to gain than lose. He's only got unbeaten record to lose. Unless Floyd thinks people think more of that unbeaten record than he does. But to gain he has a lot more to gain. His doubters will have less to doubt if Floyd won. Floods actually pretty good and better than people thought.
            He's soon going to be 43 which is roughly 8 years past a boxers prime.Many boxing analysts could see in some of his later fights that he was ageing and his reflexes werent the same as they once were.

Yes but for pure boxing technicality I feel Floyd is better than Canelo.

Comment

A prime Floyd beating a prime nel o would be a great win. That won't exist. But a past prime Floyd beating a prime nel o is an even greater and more brilliant win. That can exist, doesn't have to be fantasy.
              A cw of 160lbs
              A “Prime” Floyd is what year? When he fought Baldomir? For example if in that year he chose to gain muscle mass to 160 could Floyd carry that weight against a PRIME Canelo? Many dodged the question. What year is a Prime Floyd? PBF imo wouldn’t carry Middleweight speed or power, no way he even hangs with top 10 JMW. This same Floyd wasn’t even confident to beat Marquez at 144lbs. Didn’t with Canelo at 154. Just stating facts that like many others, Floyd’s matchmaking was strategic even when joking with Haymon.

Comment

He's soon going to be 43 which is roughly 8 years past a boxers prime.Many boxing analysts could see in some of his later fights that he was ageing and his reflexes werent the same as they once were.

Yes but for pure boxing technicality I feel Floyd is better than Canelo.
                You haven’t learned about upsets. How much more skilled was Jrock to Rosario last night? Floyd was getting tagged in his 152 fight with Canelo. A Canelo at 154-155 gives Floyd problems. Floyd wouldn’t be able to take power from Canelo at 160... it would be like Indongo taking shots from Prograis or Crawford. just rag dolly power

Comment

You haven’t learned about upsets. How much more skilled was Jrock to Rosario last night? Floyd was getting tagged in his 152 fight with Canelo. A Canelo at 154-155 gives Floyd problems. Floyd wouldn’t be able to take power from Canelo at 160... it would be like Indongo taking shots from Prograis or Crawford. just rag dolly power
                  Floyd was getting tagged by Canelo? You're entitled to your own opinion but you're not entitled to your own facts. Straight up bu!!shyt. Canelo barely laid a glove on Floyd.

Comment

Mayweather is ducking Alvarez now! Rather give another opportunity to McGregor smh

Comment

A prime Floyd beating a prime nel o would be a great win. That won't exist. But a past prime Floyd beating a prime nel o is an even greater and more brilliant win. That can exist, doesn't have to be fantasy. Fight nel o coming off a poor performance if neccesary
                      A cw of 160lbs
                      Why are you going to different threads and posting this again?

Floyd schooled Canelo and Pac. He doesn't need to rematch them whatsoever.

You unnecessarily went to this thread without provocation. You said that you would not post in a Pac or Floyd thread ever again if Floyd won FOTD. So why are you here?

Comment

Working...
                      X