Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters of the decade have been rendered unconscious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    TKO'd? Yes

Rendered unconscious? No

I think the closest thing is against Johnson, but even then, I don't think he was out cold
    What do you consider the Tarver and Johnson knock outs?

RJ is my favorite fighter ever, he got knocked out cold by Tarver and Johnson.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        Yeah he was. I think Duran was fighter of the decade for the 70's. That's 3 of the last 4
        That's a good one. If Duran was fighter of the decade for the 70s then he counts, Tommy Hearns turned his lights out.

Comment

And yeah, RJJ got knocked out cold. Not to the extent that Manny did, but you have to consider that an "out cold" type of KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            TKO'd? Yes

Rendered unconscious? No

I think the closest thing is against Johnson, but even then, I don't think he was out cold
            Naw man Roy was sleep against Johnson

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            How many fighter of the decades fought the same guy 4x? And how many fighter of the decades fought a guy that was juiced out of his mind in their 4th fight?
            Robinson fought Lamotta what 6 times? and juiced??? he passed the tests right?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              What do you consider the Tarver and Johnson knock outs?

RJ is my favorite fighter ever, he got knocked out cold by Tarver and Johnson.
              The Tarver fight was a TKO because Roy got up and walked away. He wasn't out cold as in sleeping.

The Johnson fight, Roy was staring at the ceiling; still conscious though.

Comment

If you keep fighting the best, ducking no one that's what eventually happens.

Comment

And yea Duran won in the 70's and was put to sleep by Hearns in the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    If you keep fighting the best, ducking no one that's what eventually happens.
                    Agreed. It's about how you come back that matters. And both men have come back like warriors. Albeit, Roy got knocked out a few more times, but he didn't run away from the sport with his tail tucked between his legs.

Comment

How many fighters has Kirkland ducked? 2

Saul Alvarez and Willie Nelson.

He sure as hell cant duck prison tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X