Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Prime Antonio Margarito (05-09) beat a past prime Mayweather at 37 years old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt it.

What I don't doubt is a Prime Margarito beating seven shades of shit out of the likes of Alvarez, Guerrero & Ortiz.

The 3 Bumigos.

Comment

some of these responses are disgusting lol

This is like pre Matthyse- Garcia all over again.

I wish we were back to 2006 and Floyd had the balls to take this fight so I could make more money.

Comment

Who cares? Margarito is a walking asterisk at this point. His career means nothing now imo

Comment

as long as they dont check his wraps, he might have a chance

Comment

You have to be absolutely delusional to think Margarita could ever beat Floyd. Other than beating Cotto with wraps, his best win is Cintron. Beating Cotto with wraps doesnt mean you can beat the best fighter on the planet.

Comment

this is always my Mayweather dilema. Ive always said that I think Floyd's team maybe ducked Margarito but it was strictly a size thing. They fully believed that Margarito was inferior to Floyd and they wouldve never forgiven themselves if Floyd lost to him strictly because he was too big & strong.

Fast forward to right now at 37 and I think Floyd kills him. Not only does Floyd kill him but there would be not one single ounce of hesitation in his camp about taking the fight because even though he's still small, he has much more grown into WW. He's way way way stronger and more accustomed to the weight than back then.

Margarito wouldve given Floyd alot of problems back then. Even if Floyd won, he woiuldve done it in a Baldy type way where everyone wouldve ripped him for running. Now he wouldnt run at all. He would stand in the pocket and let Margarito swing all those wide shots. He would never land clean. Meanwhile Floyd wouldve been snapping his head back all night. It wouldve been Gatti like.

I think the fight wouldve pretty much been just like Margarito-Shane except for Magarito not landing at all on Floyd. A total whitewash. Still, it goes back to what Ive always said. As great as Floyd is, we as fans were robbed because we never ever got to see the best version of him. He moved up mad fast through the weights to chase the big money Oscar fight. If Oscar were a LW then Floyd wouldve taken years to move up.

Therefore, either Floyd was in his prime years athleticaly but undersized physically or he's perfect size & strength now but past his prime. The best thing wouldve been for Floyd to have like 8 fights at LW instead of 4 and then go to 140 and have like 8 fights instead of 3 while just recently going to WW. Everyone wouldve looked at him differntly. He wouldve put on some crazy performances at those weights while in his prime. Legendary type stuff where he wouldve looked like the best ever

Comment

Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
                the people in this thread that say margs would win are the same people who think Lucas was gonna kill danny, canelo was gonna beat floyd, etc etc. They see size and power and start to drool.

It is what it is.
                Man, it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
                  I doubt it.

What I don't doubt is a Prime Margarito beating seven shades of shit out of the likes of Alvarez, Guerrero & Ortiz.

The 3 Bumigos.
                  I'll give you Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
                    Ive been saying for years thats hes the strongest WW in the world not named Berto. Even against Oscar he was not phased in the clinches and ODH couldnt believe how strong he was post fight.

I always felt his strength was mad underrated. For him to be a little' guy he never gets bullied or pushed around. Hatton had the most success post Castillo-1 as far as "bullying"but even then Floyd turned the tables and started mauling him back.
                    I think Cotto was stronger than him.

Everytime they clinched Cotto looked like the stronger man.

Comment

If Cotto was boxing his ears off in their first fight. Mayweather would win every round.

Comment

Working...
                      X