No announcement yet.

IMO, both Rigo and Doniare are one handed fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, both Rigo and Doniare are one handed fighters

been watching a lot of tape of these guys and IMO both are extremely one handed fighters. Both just mainly use the left hand only. yes, I know donaire broke mathebula jaw with that right hand but other than that he doesn't seem very confident with that right hand and I haven't seen him really hurt anyone with it. Rigo has a laser for the left hand, it comes in so fast and powerful, but he has a weak jab and a weak right hook. Matter of fact both fighters do not have a jab at all.

This fight is really intriguing.....

In a sense I guess, but Rigondeaux is far more two handed, especially when he has his opponents cornered, on top of that he has a beautiful counter right hook. Most southpaws in general don't use their right hand, which is why Ortiz, as much as I dislike the guy, had a lot of success overwhelming his opponents, especially in the early rounds. Rigondeaux has a good right hand, Donaire's right hand is decent but he needs to throw it straighter. I agree with both not having that good of a jab, Rigo uses his mainly as a measuring stick, or he'll paw it to bait his opponents in, Rigo's jab is effective despite it not landing.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 03-25-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Donaire knocked out Nishioka with the right only because his left hand had a busted blood vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        In a sense I guess, but Rigondeaux is far more two handed, especially when he has his opponents cornered, on top of that he has a beautiful counter right hook. Most southpaws in general don't use their right hand, which is why Ortiz, as much as I dislike the guy, had a lot of success overwhelming his opponents, especially in the early rounds. Rigondeaux has a good right hand, Donaire's right hand is decent but he needs to throw it straighter. I agree with both not having that good of a jab, Rigo's uses his mainly as a measuring stick, or he'll paw it to bait his opponents in, Rigo's jab is effective despite it not landing.
        Good post.

IMO, Rigo left hand is much more lethal than Donaire left hand. That punch is an aboslute laser. It's lightening quick and he throws it to the head and body. If Donaire gets reckless I have no doubts he will get hurt severely and maybe stopped.

Rigo does have a slightly better jab but both use it to paw and bait their opponent.

Comment

Donaire stopped Nishioka wth a right

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Donaire stopped Nishioka wth a right
            He didn't stop him with a right, he knocked him down with a nicely timed right hand while Nishikoa was jabbing. Then the ref or cornered stopped it prematurely because Nishikoa wanted a last payday before retirement. Nisihkoa had no intentions on winning that fight.

Comment

skip to 1:14:25

thats a right hand from hell..........(i still don't know how mallorquin eat it) he was almost out from it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                He didn't stop him with a right, he knocked him down with a nicely timed right hand while Nishikoa was jabbing. Then the ref or cornered stopped it prematurely because Nishikoa wanted a last payday before retirement. Nisihkoa had no intentions on winning that fight.
                OK he got KDed pretty hard with a right, as did Sydorenko. No doubt he's more of a hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  No, he was obviously trying to get Donaire out of there, it was more like Abraham's usual approach in the Super 6 tourney, where he completely ruled out trying to win a decision and solely go for the knock out or stoppage. Nishioka defended well, simply tryin' to lure Donaire into big counter shots, he was successful but Donaire ate them well. Nonito was smart enough to know what Nishioka was plotting from the getgo. It's more like Nishioka didn't go in there with the intentions of trying to win a decision, it's obvious he didn't think he can pull that off.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly
                    skip to 1:14:25

thats a right hand from hell..........(i still don't know how mallorquin eat it) he was almost out from it.

Pretty sure size difference made a difference but yea.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X