No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd Tested, Stops Austin Trout in Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    People criticizing Hurd yet he did exactly what he said he would do and became the first guy to stop Trout.

Cotto, Canelo, Lara, and even Hitman Charlo all failed to do this. Cotto actually lost clean to Trout and Canelo and Charlo also struggled against Trout.

This was a hard fight and Hurd won it in a way that no one has before him. Hurd is the goods, no one can take that away from him now.

He will get KO'd by Jermell though, and so will Lubin.
    He's a much bigger fighter than the other guys. He is bigger than Jermain Taylor who was a huge Middleweight. Canelo would stop Hurd. LARA would pick him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      I disagree. It's hard to tell considering Trout has never been a good puncher. I doubt he will do that to Lara or the Charlos.
      I could see Lara potentially doing what he does and make Hurd miss all night but I am not sure about the Charlos. Jermall probably would have a better chance as he is the bigger puncher and is now a middleweight but Jermell may not be able to keep Hurd off of him. Either way, both fights would be amazing! Peace.

Comment

People criticizing Hurd yet he did exactly what he said he would do and became the first guy to stop Trout.

Cotto, Canelo, Lara, and even Hitman Charlo all failed to do this. Cotto actually lost clean to Trout and Canelo and Charlo also struggled against Trout.

This was a hard fight and Hurd won it in a way that no one has before him. Hurd is the goods, no one can take that away from him now.

He will get KO'd by Jermell though, and so will Lubin.
        Cant really compare them. Canelo fought a much more prime Trout coming off a career win.

And Charlo didnt fight him when he was coming off 16 months of inactivity like Hurd did..

Comment

Hurds good but I had him down on my scorecards and Trout was coming off some serious inactivity.

Trout last fought in May... of 2016

Comment

Hurd did work and used his tools to his advantage. To his credit trout is a slick boxer who is hard to look good against and Harrison boxed a lot as well. When he fought aggressive fighters (galarza and Mexican buddy, both below top tier) they were aggressive and he fought a more technical fight.

If he fights Lara he'd lose rounds, but angulo showed you don't have to be super technical to touch him up. Plus Lara is not that big so if he doesn't all out dance, I think he may take some punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Wow!!! Trout looked like he was 2-3 weight classes smaller.
              he pretty much always does

Comment

Cant really compare them. Canelo fought a much more prime Trout coming off a career win.

And Charlo didnt fight him when he was coming off 16 months of inactivity like Hurd did..
                Some argue that Trout wasn't as hungry when he fought Canelo as when he fought Cotto, which is why he lost.

People make all sorts of excuses, just like you. Fact is, this Trout is more experience and no doubt has picked up a lot of lessons from the time he fought Canelo, and he's only 32 years old despite people's best efforts to make it sound like he is old AF. He's younger than Lara and GGG, and he's only 3 years older than Andrade.

Also, having not been KO'd before and not fighting going through many wars, and aged only 32, I'd argue that he is still very much in his prime and is actually better than he was when he fought Canelo.

Anyway that is all irrelevant, you can't prove he's past prime no more than I can prove that he is still in his prime.

Only thing we know for sure is that he is more experienced than he was before and the only thing we know for sure is that Hurd is the first one to stop him. He said he would, and he did exactly that.

Comment

Some argue that Trout wasn't as hungry when he fought Canelo as when he fought Cotto, which is why he lost.

People make all sorts of excuses, just like you. Fact is, this Trout is more experience and no doubt has picked up a lot of lessons from the time he fought Canelo, and he's only 32 years old despite people's best efforts to make it sound like he is old AF. He's younger than Lara and GGG, and he's only 3 years older than Andrade.

Also, having not been KO'd before and not fighting going through many wars, and aged only 32, I'd argue that he is still very much in his prime and is actually better than he was when he fought Canelo.

Anyway that is all irrelevant, you can't prove he's past prime no more than I can prove that he is still in his prime.

Only thing we know for sure is that he is more experienced than he was before and the only thing we know for sure is that Hurd is the first one to stop him. He said he would, and he did exactly that.
                  32 is OLD as fuk in boxing years. Are you trolling???

Comment

18 months is still a HELL of a lot of time between fights. And there IS a thing called ring rust and YES it DOES exist!!!

Man you talk like you know boxing and then go full Rtard... LMAO 32 is the new 27 doe!

Comment

18 months is still a HELL of a lot of time between fights. And there IS a thing called ring rust and YES it DOES exist!!!

Man you talk like you know boxing and then go full Rtard... LMAO 32 is the new 27 doe!
                      So if he is old AF then what is GGG? What is Erislandi Lara? What is Andre Ward and Kovalev?
                      Are all these fighters old AF?

You guys must be trolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X