Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy but delicious food I can pick up at Sam's Club?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy but delicious food I can pick up at Sam's Club?

Anyone have any recommendations. I come to the conclusion that I'm falling out of shape like most Americans. And I don't get cut no matter how hard I train. And I'm sick of having stretch marks on my stomach because my fat folds over my tummy a little when I sit down. I don't think I'm grossly overweight. I'm 5'10 205 pounds muscle mixed with fat.

My paranoid mind thinks that all the unhealthy foods I have eaten over my life time have contributed to my knee caps taking damage when I do road work(jogging) and other exercises including weight lifting.

LENTILS! make a soup with them - pot luck - your favorite spices. . . you can google some recipes. . . i like the indian red lentil soup with lemon. . also bean soup. . . chicken soup. . . soups are good becasue u can LOAD up veggies and it fills you up but you don't take in excess fat, or carbohydrates. . . and they taste GOOD!

seriously go get yourself a 10-20 dollar crockpot - find some recipes, or play around yourself with some using lentils and beans or a lean meat as your base - throw in carrots, celery, onions, peppers, etc. . . takes literally 10-15 minutes to prepare in the morning, let it cook all day slowly in the crockpot absorbing all the flavors and spices and then you got 3-4 days worth of meals. . . GOOD TO EAT AT NIGHT so you don't go to bed with a lot of empty carbs on your stomach. . i can't sleep on an empty stomach. . so i found a bowl of lentil/bean/chicken soup LOADED with veggies is PERFECT!

WHOLE GRAINS! get some whole grain pasta and make some random sauces and there ya go!

buy bulk from sams club it will be CHEAP, FLAVORFUL AND HEALTHY!! high protein, high fiber, low fat, and just the right about of COMPLEX CARBS to maintain muscle but burn fat!

because remember - body eats muscle first and fat second. . .

Comment

also if u dig HUMMUS like i do that's a perfect snack with some pita chips. . . u can make ur own hummus or buy some. . .

i love chick peas, so i will buy some and using a mortal and pestle and make my own. . . googled some good recipes and play around accordingly. . .

Comment

get a big bulk of shrimp, and some cocktail sauce! BOOM high protein no fat no carbs!

Comment

I lost about 15 pounds and 10% body fat when i started eating clean. . . i still eat junk foods too. . . we all need some treats from time to time

but i LOVE spicy soups and whole grain pasta. . . so it really wasn't hard for me at all. . .

Comment

Buy Costco bulk!

sorry had to throw it in there i work there.

Comment

Most of my meals consist of grilled chicken, wild rice and spinach/brocolli/sprouts/other green vegetables, seasoned with tabasco and pepper. Grilled chicken is a staple of my diet; its incredibly high in protein, and you can get it pretty cheap if you buy it in bulk, and then just freeze it.

Comment

Just buy whatever looks delicious. I ate pizzas, burgers, chicken (yea floyd lol nyahahahaha), hot pockets, McDonalds, etcetc through my training. It gives you tons of energy and keeps you satisfied and happy. Remember you are working out while eating what you want so the body is using the burgers anf fat for energy and protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                  Just buy whatever looks delicious. I ate pizzas, burgers, chicken (yea floyd lol nyahahahaha), hot pockets, McDonalds, etcetc through my training. It gives you tons of energy and keeps you satisfied and happy. Remember you are working out while eating what you want so the body is using the burgers anf fat for energy and protein.
                  Please, ignore this terrible, terrible advice-- unless you want to clog your arteries up and get fat.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Anyone have any recommendations. I come to the conclusion that I'm falling out of shape like most Americans. And I don't get cut no matter how hard I train. And I'm sick of having stretch marks on my stomach because my fat folds over my tummy a little when I sit down. I don't think I'm grossly overweight. I'm 5'10 205 pounds muscle mixed with fat.

My paranoid mind thinks that all the unhealthy foods I have eaten over my life time have contributed to my knee caps taking damage when I do road work(jogging) and other exercises including weight lifting.

ok bro i think i can help you out.

for the food first. you want to try and get stuff that is in season for your area. this will depend on your geography

fresh fruits and veggies are the best thing you can eat. i didnt find that out in a book. if you are trying to lose weight i suggest eating primarily fruit and veggies. the fresher the better. as food goes through middle men and processing it generally becomes less healthy. IE you are much better off eating a fresh peach off of a tree than getting ones from a can.

the cost can be pretty high compared to getting processed stuff.
                    that's where the "in season" part comes in. you'll find stuff to be much cheaper if you can get to it in season. it will also likely be delicious.

the internet will tell you whats in season for your area, or if you dont live in the heart of a city perhaps you could hit up a local veggie/fruit stand if they've got one. they can tell you what is local more than likely.

second...

"knee cap" pain is usually patellar tendinitis. if you're feeling pain where the knee meets the shin and its not deep in the knee its usually associated with the patellar tendon

patellar tendon runs under the kneecap and attaches at the top of your shin.

the best way to go about avoiding longterm problems down the road with it is to decrease the demand you're putting on it for the time being. dont cut it all out, just decrease the demand on your knees. losing weight is the best thing you can do for it.

if its serious, every time//day pain id suggest a full month off from any running and jumping. basically anything with impact will aggravate it. it's commonly overtrained

you'd probably find yours has many microscopic tears if you could pull it out and take a look at it. the only thing way they can heal is with time.

you can pretty easily find plenty of information on the patellar tendon. its a very common injury in large athletes. it is an overuse injury. the most common rout is physical therapy.

and yes, i've had the injury. if you dont catch it when it's mild it can really slow you down for a long period of time.
                    Last edited by New England; 10-17-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X