Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBC Sports Personality 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Hamilton should win, but AJ will.

Disagree that it is fixed though, I think the media just have too much influence in this country.

Comment

I doubt it’s fixed but by no means is this a measurement of anything other than public opinion and/or popularity test.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if AJ won. Casuals treat him like he’s the second coming and will vote in droves.

The Klitschko fight would be the reason he wins it, and in no way am I trying to discredit that win because it was a great fight, but if having one good fight wins you the sports person of the year award then let’s face it, he’s not the first or only man to do that is he.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        It's shit, no doubt, but personality has never really been a big part of it. Just look at previous winners.

I think it's just down to the people that vote. BBC award watching types and not sports fans.

Anthony Joshua is very casual friendly.
        True dat. Casuals runnin' shìt.

It's probably the same bastards who vote for shìt like I'm A Celeb, X Factor, Strictly and all that other reality bollocks that plagues our TV's in the evening.

Comment

Hamilton should win based on what? He's only as good as the car he's driving.

Comment

Originally posted by dellboi94 View Post
            Hamilton should win based on what? He's only as good as the car he's driving.
            If you really know F1 its easy to read between the lines, and determine the great drivers from the good, from the average. This is a typical line of a casual fan, no offence.

Comment

A BBC boxer wins an award at the BBC? coincidence? me thinks NOT. the fix is in boys.

Comment

Isnt it strange how AJ has not yet denied the 'Superior black race' comment? Its always been Eddie Hearn.
                I think if a reporter had the balls to actually ask him he'd admit it

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                  Isnt it strange how AJ has not yet denied the 'Superior black race' comment? Its always been Eddie Hearn.
                  I think if a reporter had the balls to actually ask him he'd admit it
                  I don't think it ever had any credence to it, never reported by any proper publication, and I'm sure they must have explored the story. Why go out of your way to deny a non story which has only been talked about on a boxing forum because everyone got a boner and thought it was true? Why give it the time of day? I am imagining that is their perspective, if he didn't say it

Personally I don't think he said it, because of the lack of coverage on it, and I believe the hack story. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post

Lewis Hamilton has achieved the most of any sportsman this year let alone British. That's a fact.
                    He didn't even achieve the most in formula one.

Max Verstappen, Ricciardo and Alonso put in better and more memorable performances. I have Lewis as 4th best driver on the grid.

Most of the races Lewis was just cruising around in a superior car and his teammate Bottas (I call him Betas) is a slow 2nd driver who was given team orders.

Lewis was even losing the season to Vettel for a long time despite having a vastly superior car. It took Vettel going full ****** in Singapore for Hamilton to take the lead.

Max Verstappen is LEVELS above anyone on the grid right now. Best F1 driver since Schumacher.

Comment

Joshua is superior of course he wins it!

Comment

Working...
                      X