No announcement yet.

UK PPV numbers have no significance in Canelo/Golovkin negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK PPV numbers have no significance in Canelo/Golovkin negotiations

Canelo-Golovkin WON'T be PPV in the UK. Golovkin wasn't the A-side in the Brook fight either. The UK adds nothing to the Canelo/Golovkin pot. I don't know why Golovkin fans even bother mentioning them it's irrelevant.

This is what damage control looks like. You have stooped to the level of the GGG fans. Life is funny sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

This is what damage control looks like. You have stooped to the level of the GGG fans. Life is funny sometimes.
      Am i wrong?

Comment

I dont think so too.

Comment

It's ok. We all know GGG/Brook had way more PPV views than the Canelo/Smith fight but you can get through it Isaac.

You can do this. You just have to breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
            It's ok. We all know GGG/Brook had way more PPV views than the Canelo/Smith fight but you can get through it Isaac.

Is that correct ? Sky really market their ppv, the stranglehold they have is considerable, the next ppv in the UK will be Klitschko Vs Fists of Fluff Furry and it isn't a Sky ppv but a box nation ppv, it will be telling how many numbers that fight does in comparison to Hearn's ppv's which he can rely on blanket coverage fight week on their news channel which pretty much runs exclusively to boxing come fight week, Hearn also has the Daily Mail and the Mirror and the Sun run back page stories nearly every day fight week, I think Warren just has a column in the Sun.

Comment

I don't know why there's people trying to create some smoke and mirrors illusion that those two recent ppvs can be compared. Brits are massively supporting boxing right now and there is no comparison here. If Canelo fought Brook in the UK we'd likely have seen even greater numbers. Take nothing away from the great draw that Kell and Genady did in the UK but don't pretend it would have happened in the US, or that it would have even done 300k in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post

Canelo-Smith made way more money than Golovkin Brook. Which is all that matters when discussing purse splits. Golovkin was a B-side, when Canelo was B-side he sold 2.48 million.

Comment

Golovkin is without a doubt the a side in this fight. He's the champ. If Canejulia wants a shot at the gold better get in line behind Jacobs and Saunders. He will beg for his shot in 6 months.

Comment

I'm suprised that GGG/Canelo wouldn't be PPV in the UK

Gennady wasn't the A-side but The numbers aren't

Brook / GGG. 500k x 23 (USD) = 11.5 million
                    Canelo/Smith. 275 x 65 (USD) = 17.8

Ive tried looking but couldn't find the gates but I doubt that Canelo beats Pac/Marg gate of 6.9 million let's just say it does 6 million. Brook/Gennady probably did in the range of 3.5 million USD( rough estimate). But I bet Matchroom Made off like bandits with the resale tickets considering the $40 ticket were reselling for 400 and the $ 500 were going for $ 2500.

I bet when it's all said and done and all the revenues counted Brook / GGG did in the range of 2/3 dollar wise of what Canelo/Smith did.

Comment

Working...
                    X