Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview: Mikey Garcia targets return at 140 by end of this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a big fan of Mikey, but it sucks seeing talented guys like him waste his career. I don't even remember what happened between him and Top Rank (I really wasn't paying attention tbh).
    But he lost an opportunity, it was obvious Top Rank was trying to make him their Future Star (by dethroning Pacquiao) and for whatever reasons he just decided to try and leave them. That whole situation was weird and i'm not 100% sure what even happened (since I didn't bother to pay attention to the situation).
    Now Top Rank is moving on and they basically switched Garcia with Crawford, now they are trying to give Crawford a fight with Pacquiao and make him the star.
    Top Rank isn't worried about anything, they might have the three brightest stars coming up (Crawford, Ramirez and Verdejo and to a lower extent: Lomachenko and Valdez). Garcia is the one screwing himself up by not fighting!
    Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 06-02-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
      I'm not a big fan of Mikey, but it sucks seeing talented guys like him waste his career. I don't even remember what happened between him and Top Rank (I really wasn't paying attention tbh).
      But he lost an opportunity, it was obvious Top Rank was trying to make him their Future Star (by dethroning Pacquiao) and for whatever reasons he just decided to try and leave them. That whole situation was weird and i'm not 100% sure what even happened (since I didn't bother to pay attention to the situation).
      Now Top Rank is moving on and they basically switched Garcia with Crawford, now they are trying to give Crawford a fight with Pacquiao and make him the star.
      Top Rank isn't worried about anything, they might have the three brightest stars coming up (Crawford, Ramirez and Verdejo and to a lower extent: Lomachenko and Valdez). Garcia is the one screwing himself up by not fighting!
      He's just being a diva. Mikey never wanted to box. He just wants to be famous and get money, kinda like Frankie Gomez. Garcia was in the position Crawford is now. Arum was legitimately trying to build him into a top P4P attraction, but Garcia felt he was not being given what he felt he deserved and tried to leave Arum, so they're butting heads now because he built him up and he wants to leave. Arum doesn't take "betrayal" very well, just look at Donaire...
      If Arum offers enough money, I'm sure he'll return without a moment's hesitation.

Comment

this kid aint in it for the luv of boxing anymore,,nah hes done

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Seriously...I forget all about Mikey Garcia this sport of boxing doesn't wait for anybody. Another star will emerge and take your spot and at least with Top Rank I think Felix Verdejo and Terrance Crawford have taken his spot.

Not sure where he fits in right now at least with Top Rank
          Dont forget about spence. Hes also the future along with crawford and verdejo

Comment

Working...
          X