Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ortiz have a size Advantage over Mayweather? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

berto is like 5'6

Comment

Didn't Floyd say he was 147 (fight night) in the Mosley fight in a recent video?

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
        floyds only physical advantge is longer arms

ortiz is conna be 10-15 pounds heavier on the night of the fight and an inch taller

dumb question TS

still think floyd is gonns make ortiz look bad(unless floyd is shot to hell and old)
        Many times have fighters gotten into rings then revealed bigger size advantages than most initially thought. Considering how much Ortiz surprised ppl with his build in the Berto fight, and the way Mayweather's size is an ever evolving storyline. I think this is a very significant topic. Especially in terms of discussing how size will affect the outcome of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
          berto is like 5'6
          Further reason as to why this thread makes sense, Berto lists as taller than he is. I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather is about the exact same size as Ortiz, or if Ortiz is significantly larger. I think it could play a big factor in the fight.

Comment

Ortiz will have a small size advantage.

A substantial size advantage would be Oscar or Baldomir.

Ortiz is bit smaller than them.

Comment

Yes, but it won't be much of an advantage. I believe Floyd is stronger too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                Yes, but it won't be much of an advantage. I believe Floyd is stronger too.
                So you think Ortiz will be actually larger but Mayweather physically stronger.. Interesting, I can see this too. Combine that with the fact that Mayweather is a great inside fighter, and Ortiz size advantage could be all but neutralized.

This is a basic question, but does anyone know Ortiz to be a very good inside fighter? Is he particularly good in clinches? This fight could be a lot less competitive if he isn't. If Mayweather can impose himself when in close, this will be target practice pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                  So you think Ortiz will be actually larger but Mayweather physically stronger.. Interesting, I can see this too. Combine that with the fact that Mayweather is a great inside fighter, and Ortiz size advantage could be all but neutralized.

This is a basic question, but does anyone know Ortiz to be a very good inside fighter? Is he particularly good in clinches? This fight could be a lot less competitive if he isn't. If Mayweather can impose himself when in close, this will be target practice pretty quickly.
                  He's very dangerous with his hook-uppercut combo on the inside.

If Floyd can avoid that he should be fine.

Comment

Yes he will. He will come over 160, and he's 5'9". No need to look in to too much. Ortiz is the bigger man plain and simple. Stop looking in to things too hard. Knowing NSB though, they will make Mayweather look like Paul Bunyan and Ortiz look like one of the dwarfs from Snow White and 7 Dwarfs.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post

As ThePhantom said, Floyd has to watch out for that combo, I strongly doubt Mayweather is sparring guys who can throw a better right hook, right uppercut combination with the speed and power of Ortiz.

This is why it's important that Mayweather keeps this in the center and has Ortiz going backwards. Most of Victor's K.Ds have come when he has his opponents against/ near the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                      X