Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Andre Ward's style of boxing use illegal tactics? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    I would definitely agree Ward is exploring the gray area of boxing's rule book very thoroughly. I think he'll answer a lot of questions and silence a lot of critics when(if) he has a highly competitive fight away from what feels like home field advantage.

This is going to be one helluva tricky fight for AA to rebound his career with. If he's looking to land single game changing hayemakers by the mid rounds.. I think this will be easy work for Ward.

That's the understatement of the year right there.

If anyone gets DQ'd or penalized in this fight it will be Arthur Abraham who punches with his elbows, fakes low blows, can't handle defeat and has already resorted to cheap shots while losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      Mikkel Kessler fought like such a punk ass ***** that I swear after a certain point he was doing everything possible to get himself headbutted because he knew a DQ was the only way he could win.

How else does anyone explain Ward dominating the first 5 rounds without any headbutts and then all of a sudden they start happening in rapid succession?

Kessler was just standing there, never moving his head when he knew Ward was coming in, he was trying to draw fouls.... much like a guy who flops in basketball and/or soccer.
      It's called FOOTBALL, you hating son of a b*tch.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
        It's called FOOTBALL, you hating son of a b*tch.
        No matter the name the sport is filled with gutless floppers like Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          No matter the name the sport is filled with gutless floppers like Dirrell.
          Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
            I would definitely agree Ward is exploring the gray area of boxing's rule book very thoroughly. I think he'll answer a lot of questions and silence a lot of critics when(if) he has a highly competitive fight away from what feels like home field advantage.

This is going to be one helluva tricky fight for AA to rebound his career with. If he's looking to land single game changing hayemakers by the mid rounds.. I think this will be easy work for Ward.
            I hope Abraham has some sort of real plan to win because I don't know if I can take him doing his normal thing and get punked for a third time in a row.

Pretty confident Abraham is easy work for Ward unless Ward messes up which is possible because no one is perfect but if you are relying on the other guy to make a big mistake that really speaks to not having a good shot.

Comment

I dont know if it's his tactics per se. I think it's more a case of it being his style since he keeps on leading with that head. I dont think he can help himself really. If he fights Bute in Montreal he'll be DQ'ed in less than 5 rounds.

And then he whines about Bika butting. Lol. How pathetic can you get?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I hope Abraham has some sort of real plan to win because I don't know if I can take him doing his normal thing and get punked for a third time in a row.

Pretty confident Abraham is easy work for Ward unless Ward messes up which is possible because no one is perfect but if you are relying on the other guy to make a big mistake that really speaks to not having a good shot.
                Ward likes to lower his head and will likely attempt to smother an inactive AA keeping a tight guard forearms up.. I would think AA must be working on short/tight uppercuts with power. AA's not exactly a fast counter puncher, and is admittedly out of position to punch when his guard is up. But if AA could surprise him with a short hard uppercut.. He could put a little hurt on Ward.

It doesn't look good, but Ward will have a fairly live dog on his hands through the early rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I dont know if it's his tactics per se. I think it's more a case of it being his style since he keeps on leading with that head. I dont think he can help himself really. If he fights Bute in Montreal he'll be DQ'ed in less than 5 rounds.

And then he whines about Bika butting. Lol. How pathetic can you get?
                  Well I don't think we have to worry about him fighting Bute in Montreal. He draws enough and has enough leverage that I'd be very surprised if he'd ever put himself in that position.

Comment

When Ward fights away from home finally you will see him get warnings for his dirty tactics if he does not fix umm up fast..Bika was being fouled first and had to do something back..Ward holds way to much imo,I'm all for old school dirty tricks but to and extent..Holding is very bad for the sport imo and very boring..

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                      When Ward fights away from home finally you will see him get warnings for his dirty tactics if he does not fix umm up fast..Bika was being fouled first and had to do something back..Ward holds way to much imo,I'm all for old school dirty tricks but to and extent..Holding is very bad for the sport imo and very boring..
                      Yeah ... let's just hope he'll eventually fight away from home =/

Comment

Working...
                      X