No announcement yet.

Cotto poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto poll!

WBC Champion Cotto is the regular and GGG is the interim so please tell me that it is just wrong not to force cotto to face GGG after Geale? How is Canelo going to be allowed to get in line ahead of GGG? Sure it will be a great fight but come on do that right thing WBC and force Cotto to either face GGG or let him step down award the belt to GGG and then have GGG fight Canelo!!!
    Yes
    79.31%
    No
    20.69%

The poll is expired.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$thats why Canelo will be first

Comment

God YES. YES, YES, YES.

Fight GGG already. Jesus H. Christ.

I hate Cotto because he 1) doesn't fight GGG and 2) now sounds like he sure isn't EVER going to be fighting GGG, ever, no matter what. Ever.

COTTO WUSS FACTOR: 10

Comment

not if he kneels to geale

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$thats why Canelo will be first
          I understand its about money but its just wrong to do Golovkin like that but i guess thats just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            not if he kneels to geale
            I currently pray for that daily!!!!

Comment

Hell yes. Cotto took a full year off after he won the title even though he had no injury. 6 months off would have been reasonable but 12 months off was unreasonable for a champion. Then after making the boxing world wait a full year he doesn't fight his mandatory challenger GGG but instead fights a guy GGG knocked out in 3 rounds less than a year ago. If Cotto wins he absolutely should quit stalling an give GGG the shot at the lineal title he has deserved for about 3 years. Everyone knows if Cotto wins his next fight will not be a fight with GGG but a big money fight with Canelo instead. Canelo will knock Cotto out Kirkland style in my opinion. I have considered GGG the true middleweight champ for years. How can any middleweight seriously claim to be the best 160 pounder in the world until they beat GGG. He is the best.

Comment

Yes, Cotto should be forced to fight his mandatory. While we're at it, the WBC interim champion should not be the WBA champion (nor any organization's champ). When was the last time someone "unified" a world title with an interim title? I'll wait.

I'm sure if it was some nameless contender who was Cotto's mandatory, nobody would be calling for that fight, nor would they bat an eyelash when Canelo gets the shot instead.

Jeez, I wish Cotto would wipe his ass with that belt and sent it back to the WBC. In that hypothetical scenario, would people still be at an outrage and call for a GGG fight when Cotto remains lineal/ring champion, despite there being no mandatory challenger for those?

Is it really about enforcing the mandatory fights, or is there some other agenda?

Just for the record, I do think GGG butchers Cotto, and Cotto's recent antics have really turned me off. Im not a ***rider by any means, I call it like I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Hell yes. Cotto took a full year off after he won the title even though he had no injury. 6 months off would have been reasonable but 12 months off was unreasonable for a champion. Then after making the boxing world wait a full year he doesn't fight his mandatory challenger GGG but instead fights a guy GGG knocked out in 3 rounds less than a year ago. If Cotto wins he absolutely should quit stalling an give GGG the shot at the lineal title he has deserved for about 3 years. Everyone knows if Cotto wins his next fight will not be a fight with GGG but a big money fight with Canelo instead. Canelo will knock Cotto out Kirkland style in my opinion. I have considered GGG the true middleweight champ for years. How can any middleweight seriously claim to be the best 160 pounder in the world until they beat GGG. He is the best.
                  It is sad that organizations like the wbc or any other dont force there hands on fighters to fight the legitimate opponents. Too many great boxers out there not getting the fights or respect they deserve bc of boxing politics! Most other sporting organizations force greats to face the greats it is just the sensible thing to do. It always comes down to the money it seems like. For example Cotto has plenty of financial security back home in the form of gas stations etc. A true legend would challenge themselves. Cotto instead is choosing the path of least resistance. To state another example look at Khan I understand he wants to fight Mayweather in his supposedly last fight which is fine but saying he wont fight kell bc he isnt a big enough name is crap. I would have respected him saying I needed a practice fight with Algeri to test myself before a possible floyd match and after that i will take on kell and if the floyd match doesnt go through i will take on kell but instead he consistently dodges kell over and over bringing up other names yet still before kell. That just makes me feel he is scared of kell and for good reason too! To sum it up true legends take the path of most resistance period. Thats how they become legends!

Comment

Working...
                  X