Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you score Mayweather's KO Punch?? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Frosty View Post
    I wanna know why ortiz apologised so much to floyd. i thought he was gonna go down on his knees and suck his **** at one point.
    Because Ortiz is somewhat of a softie(complete vagina), despite his "vicious" moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      You as a fan didn't feel a little cheated after likely watching hours of build up, making plans with friends and time spent analyzing and getting hyped for the fight?
      Shit happens it is boxing, it was memorable to say the least, if there is one guy you don't want to have you hands down and the fight to be in a lull is Floyd he will check a dude every time.

Plus to me the guy that was going to win won, the guy falling behind had a meltdown basically and his last seconds of the fight were spent begging for help from the ref instead of defending himself after he already got punched once. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

To me it was the difference between a real fighter and a fake, and the fake got exposed in memorable fashion. So to me it is all good, not overly impressed but I think it is a quality highlight none the less for the reasons I have said.

Comment

It was totally legal however one of the biggest cheap shots in the history of boxing and nothing that floyd should be proud of.
        Classless act by a classless person, not fighter but person.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Shit happens it is boxing, it was memorable to say the least, if there is one guy you don't want to have you hands down and the fight to be in a lull is Floyd he will check a dude every time.

Plus to me the guy that was going to win won, the guy falling behind had a meltdown basically and his last seconds of the fight were spent begging for help from the ref instead of defending himself after he already got punched once. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

To me it was the difference between a real fighter and a fake, and the fake got exposed in memorable fashion. So to me it is all good, not overly impressed but I think it is a quality highlight none the less for the reasons I have said.
          I understand that, but for me it was anti climactic. Was the end coming? Yes, but for most everyone this was already established well before the first bell ever rang. The point was watching the fight actually unfold in it's entirety. I respect your position, but for me. The only good thing to come of this fight is the ensuing controversy which has casual fans talking more about boxing. Other than that, I paid to see a fight end in non bizarre fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
            I understand that, but for me it was anti climactic. Was the end coming? Yes, but for most everyone this was already established well before the first bell ever rang. The point was watching the fight actually unfold in it's entirety. I respect your position, but for me. The only good thing to come of this fight is the ensuing controversy which has casual fans talking more about boxing. Other than that, I paid to see a fight end in non bizarre fashion.
            To me is was a shocking conclusion that was a slowly unfolding train wreck, and unpredictable ending to a story that is already known story is at least an interesting twist. May not be everyone's taste but it certainly gets people to think and engage.

Sometimes bizarre shit happens in the fight game that unknown bizarre factor is part of the appeal of the sport to me, sure the fight ended prematurely in a way and there was more action to be had but to me that crazy ending is very memorable because you never see that. Plus while you might not value it in terms of boxing which I can understand the highlight will be very memorable and I think that counts for something

I don't have a problem with the punches though, to me those punches are how a real prize fighter should react when Ortiz completely fell apart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              To me is was a shocking conclusion that was a slowly unfolding train wreck, and unpredictable ending to a story that is already known story is at least an interesting twist. May not be everyone's taste but it certainly gets people to think and engage.

Sometimes bizarre shit happens in the fight game that unknown bizarre factor is part of the appeal of the sport to me, sure the fight ended prematurely in a way and there was more action to be had but to me that crazy ending is very memorable because you never see that. Plus while you might not value it in terms of boxing which I can understand the highlight will be very memorable and I think that counts for something

I don't have a problem with the punches though, to me those punches are how a real prize fighter should react when Ortiz completely fell apart.
              I felt the two fighters were beginning to click in terms of both having chances to get off. I think we were going to naturally see Ortiz(or possibly mayweather) take some good punches.(which is what I paid for.) Had I really just wanted to see a highlight reel knockdown I could have watched Mike Tyson knocking out Steve-O for free on Comedy Central this past Monday, though it is always nice to add to boxing history's highlight reel.

I do however agree it definitely gets people and more importantly people outside of the usual hardcore bunch. To think and engage. Moreso than they would have had Mayweather KO'd him without controversy in the later rounds.

Sometimes bizarre things happen in boxing... Although in 2011 it's been more like frequently than just sometimes. I'd had my fill for bizarre happenings personally, hopefully 2012 has a different theme..

Comment

It was 100% legal. That's not an opinion it's a FACT.

That being said I am not particularly happy with how it happened.

Comment

Working...
                X