• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
    Frazier knocks out Tyson late, after an exciting 4 rounds
    What makes you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Frazier did beat Ali. I don't think Prime Tyson stands a chance against that Ali.
      Why, what was so special about him? Ali never fought a fast, powerful HW like Tyson. A slower, not nearly as powerful Frazier dropped him on his ass in that fight. Tyson would have mauled him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Why, what was so special about him? Ali never fought a fast, powerful HW like Tyson. A slower, not nearly as powerful Frazier dropped him on his ass in that fight. Tyson would have mauled him.
        Who did Tyson beat in his prime that makes you so sure he beats any of the great heavyweights.

Comment

Who did Tyson beat in his prime to make you so sure he beats any of the great heavyweights?

Comment

Who did Tyson beat in his prime that makes you so sure he beats any of the great heavyweights.
            I am speaking from a perspective of skill and capability. A prime Tyson was one of the most explosive HWs ever. Fast, head movement, powerful, relentless. A great finisher.

If you want to talk records, let's have a look at Ali for a moment:

Two fixed fights with Liston, a gift versus Doug Jones, Ken Norton III, Shavers, Young and Chuvalo II, old faded Moore and Patterson who were much smaller, struggled with Wepner, lost to Spinks with 8 fights. Sliced glove versus Cooper. Frazier was much smaller as was Quarry, Blin, Chuvalo, Coopman, Lubbers, and for some reason fought Bugner 2x.

Start looking at the records and size of many of his opponents and who they fought and suddenly the so called greatest doesn't look so legendary inside the ring.

Comment

This is a tough one for me to choose. I might have to lean towards Mike Tyson slightly.

Still not 100% on it though.

Now a prime George Foreman and Mike Tyson. Man that would be an interesting fight.

Comment

Prime Tyson was a stronger, faster, improved version of Frazier. Frazier would have been overwhelmed early on and Tyson stops him in mid-late rounds.
                this right here...good post

Comment

I am speaking from a perspective of skill and capability. A prime Tyson was one of the most explosive HWs ever. Fast, head movement, powerful, relentless. A great finisher.

If you want to talk records, let's have a look at Ali for a moment:

Two fixed fights with Liston, a gift versus Doug Jones, Ken Norton III, Shavers, Young and Chuvalo II, old faded Moore and Patterson who were much smaller, struggled with Wepner, lost to Spinks with 8 fights. Sliced glove versus Cooper. Frazier was much smaller as was Quarry, Blin, Chuvalo, Coopman, Lubbers, and for some reason fought Bugner 2x.

Start looking at the records and size of many of his opponents and who they fought and suddenly the so called greatest doesn't look so legendary inside the ring.
                  Once again who did Tyson fights in his prime that is even close to anything Ali had to face. I'm sorry, I just don't believe the hype. Did Tyson have skills? Of course. Do I think he is a top 10 heavyweight of all time? Hell No. He never beat a great opponent. He lost to Holyfield and Lewis. He couldnt even beat a Buster Douglas who is no way in hell a Top 15 heavyweight. I'm pretty sure if you placed Ali in that era that he would've beaten both guys(even though I feel they would've beaten him too had Ali offered them a rematch) Skills are important don't get me wrong but who you faced matters as well.

Comment

Once again who did Tyson fights in his prime that is even close to anything Ali had to face. I'm sorry, I just don't believe the hype. Did Tyson have skills? Of course. Do I think he is a top 10 heavyweight of all time? Hell No. He never beat a great opponent. He lost to Holyfield and Lewis. He couldnt even beat a Buster Douglas who is no way in hell a Top 15 heavyweight. I'm pretty sure if you placed Ali in that era that he would've beaten both guys(even though I feel they would've beaten him too had Ali offered them a rematch) Skills are important don't get me wrong but who you faced matters as well.
                    Again I urge you to take a second look at Ali's record and convince me of all of the "great" fighters he beat. I pointed out his gift decisions and fixes. Foreman was a big, strong lumbering HW who gassed himself out and was successful beating up on smaller opponents. Norton didn't turn pro until 26 and was never considered a great HW and still technically beat Ali twice. Ali at 6'3" towered over many of his opponents.

Go to look at some of the no-hopers on his resume. Then check the resume of his opponents. Frazier was really his biggest and best wins and they took as much out of him as they did Frazier.

Comment

Tyson wrecks him

Comment

Working...
                      X