Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin is Still Very Interested in Fighting Oleksandr Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fight. If Usyk can't handle Povetkin then we don't need to see him in with anyone better at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
      "There was talk of having a fight with Oleksandr Usyk, and then they said that he had other plans. I was not against the fight with him in principle... he is a good, strong boxer. For me, the fight with him is, of course, interesting.

I can see how you could draw that conclusion. But me personally i wouldn't blame him too much for going in a different direction. Povetkin is a tough fight for your introduction into the HW division.
      Povetkin is ok. If Usyk can't beat him now then he should stay out of the HW division.

Comment

So, who is lying? My guess is the proven liar, Eddie Hearn.

Hearn says "we couldn't reach an agreement", and Povetkin says "they said they had other plans".

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I was on here this morning, trying to explain to someone why the Povetkin that Joshua beat, was not the same Povetkin that fought Wlad! Just like the Wlad that Joshua beat, was not the same Wlad that fought Fury! Povetkin was older and he had been caught...multiple times! He's still a skilled fighter, just like Pacquiao, but he's hasn't been the same guy these last 2-3 years! I still would like to see Povetkin fight Usyk or Whyte!
          To some fighters don't regress, or improve for that matter, depending on the narrative they seek to push. There are some that want to ignore the impact of meldonium as well.

Comment

I think eddie figured its a unnecessary risk for usyk to step up and take on pov first, even at 39 pov was giving the much bigger, stonger aj all kinds of problems in the first 3 rounds. Why risk it takam is a solid guy who will give usyk the work.

Comment

Usuck will fight cherries then AJ. Same as Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                To some fighters don't regress, or improve for that matter, depending on the narrative they seek to push. There are some that want to ignore the impact of meldonium as well.
                Maybe thatīs because meldonium a very weak PED for a healthy athlete, even a WADA official stated they banned it mainly for ethical reasons? Sure, it was unethical and morally wrong, but at the time Pov used it it wasnīt banned. Wilder dodged a bullet and heīs never been more relieved. The Ostarine case on the other hand seemed legit so the punishment was well deserved. Povetkin is getting old and heīs having stamina issues but heīs still a top five HW. Too bad heīs running out of time.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
                  Lol may the best roid user win
                  There's only one in this fight. Getting the wrong information?

Comment

Povetkin DUCKED Usyk. Soon as he made a deal with Takam Povetkin suddenly wants Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      This is clearly more lies by you wilder fan girls. Povetkin was much more prepared for AJ then his Klitschko fight. He was also visibly more leaner and more compact punching with a more prepared training camp knowing what Aj brought. and had guys to somewhat bring that pressure style with DDD and Sirenko and still couldn't dominate Aj who decided to stop him when it was getting to late rounds.

Povetkin would still be Wilders best win,but we'll still ignore that and put detractions on who AJ is defeating...Ha

I hope you are another one that sticks around after Breazeale knocks out wilder as well,im taking count now,.
                      What does Wilder and Breazeale have to do with Povetkin, Wlad, and Joshua? So you're telling me that the younger (34), PED using Povetkin, was less prepared than the older (39), PED less Povetkin? What world does that happen in?

Comment

Working...
                      X