No announcement yet.

Tiger Flowers the Southpaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Flowers the Southpaw

what was his fighting style like? Unfortunately, he's one of the great fighters without any footage.

Wikipedia describes Tiger as a slique southpaw who counters well. Report of the fight with Greb leads one to believe Tiger was also good on the inside.

https://www.thefightcity.com/fight-c...tiger-flowers/
    Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 07-20-2019, 12:32 PM.

I wish there was some footage of him

Comment

- -Always thought there was a bit of Edgar Allan Poe macabre in these two toe to toe rivals passing within a year of each other at near the same age on the operating table, prob an OD or bad reaction to the anathesia in use then.

As I recall Tiger fought a near blind Langford who knocked him out. I can see why Sam fought as he'd fight anyone, but surely Tiger knew the risks and did it anyway. A great fighter prob in Ibro top 20, but never on any P4P lists.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Always thought there was a bit of Edgar Allan Poe macabre in these two toe to toe rivals passing within a year of each other at near the same age on the operating table, prob an OD or bad reaction to the anathesia in use then.

As I recall Tiger fought a near blind Langford who knocked him out. I can see why Sam fought as he'd fight anyone, but surely Tiger knew the risks and did it anyway. A great fighter prob in Ibro top 20, but never on any P4P lists.
        ^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
        X