Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Joshua-Ruiz II: December 14 in Cardiff is Frontrunner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    You are lying. The venue is negotiable
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Shut up and stop making an idiot of yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      No one knows if it would be in Cardiff until everything is confirmed. But the notion that Team Joshua has to dance to Team Ruiz’s tune or pay him 50m for that isn’t true. It’s actually funny watching these posters .
      you're right. I mean, I'm no expert on contracts but Hearn seems like a smart guy who knows what he's doing. But if it's in Britain in December, it can only be in Cardiff.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
        I had a chuckle at that. Fair play!

Comment

You are lying. The venue is negotiable
          It will be in Cardiff in December. Take it to the bank

Comment

What did Bob Arum tell Eddie Hearn about playing those away games. He got badly played and burned here in the states and it's all his fault.

What kind of attorneys do they have in the U.K? Well you can rest assure that Al Haymon has assembled an army of the best legal and brilliant minds in the U.S. In order to challenge the legality of this rematch clause.

Team Ruiz has found a loophole in the wording and text of the original contract and plans on exploiting it. In addition, the sanctioning bodies are going say you know what; You can have your rematch but give us back our titles?

They are going to start calling in their mandatories and then what? What is Barry Hearn is going to do then?
            Hearn is a moron who's yet to grasp how boxing works at the top and due to greed, all he cares about is making difficult fights and getting paid in the short term and not its overall consequences on long term goals. It's basically what happens with people who talk too much - being a good listener is always a better gift.

Once that match with Miller fell through, especially since Miller is a perfect style/height for Josh to beat up comfortably and since there was no other ticket seller available...he could've picked any easy target who won't fight back for Josh to beat up comfortably. 1). That was his first time fighting in America and the pressure would be too much for him. 2). He needs a style he's comfortable with since it's on short notice and it's his introduction to new fan base. However, Eddie Hearn the dummy decided to go get the worst style matchup possible and a height nightmare for the guy. Then he added extra pressure on the guy to do it style and surpass what Wilder did against a human punching bag.

On an even night with decent amount of pressure, AJ beats Ruiz comfortably 9 out of 10 times, if he's patient and fights his normal fight. But it's going to be a late stoppage due to cumulative punishment or he wins on point. Ruiz doesn't move his feet and he ploddes forward. And if Josh can control the distance (which he knows how to do when he's comfortable) and use his jab and uppercut to keep Ruiz at bay - Ruiz won't get anywhere near him. He beats Ruiz comfortably in the rematch.

This is a case Al Haymon can NEVER win. His attorneys couldn't win the Povetkin litigation and PBC had to cough out millions. So what makes you think they have a chance with this one? I'm sure Matchroom would be seeking at at least $70million, including the $5million they paid Ruiz for the first fight. Then Ruiz would lose all the belts because he won't be able to take other fights and fight the mandatories. And for every potential fight AJ misses, he would also have to pay what AJ is meant to earn. Where's the bankrupt PBC and broke Ruiz going to get that type of money from? The only other option is for Ruiz to retire and give all the belts away. Or pray AJ changes his mind about rematch which is NEVER going to happen. AJ likes money a lot and he won't turn down the possibility of making at least £30million for a fight even if Ruiz is going to beat him to a pulp, lool.

The only mandatory that's due from now till early next year is WBO and USyk is the mandatory. I don't even think AJ needs that belt and he'll most likely drop it when he wins the rematch. IBF can't force a mandatory now since Pulev is still serving a ban. And I'm pretty sure they prefer a cash cow holding that belt. As for WBA: he just fought Povetkin, their mandatory and the belt is clear until 2021.

The rematch is going to happen in Cardiff on 14th December and it will be announced this week or the next one. DAZN has no say in the rematch (AJ isn't signed to them). The only thing delaying the announcement is the time the bout starts. I think they're trying to make it happen somewhat late around 1 or 2am, so American fans would be able to watch it as well. That's the DAZN negotiation that's holding it back. Once that's done, Ruiz will get the orders via PBC.
            Last edited by BangEM; 07-22-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• champion4ever

The stupidity of Hearn is the reason why Dave Allen got his cheekbone punched in on Saturday. Anyone who knows boxing knows Allen isn't even British level. The guy is just a punching bag for boxers to beat up. But dumb Hearn thought he could create a Dillian Whyte in a limited bum with no skills that basically gets punched up for fun and only hits back in spots. He gassed him up and even gave that idiot a headline show.Then he gave him Pricey to beat up, so he could put him there with Povetkin and start the Dave Allen hype train, lol.

However, he was too dumb to know that Pricey at his worst is 10 notches above Dave Allen and, a punching bag who hits back in spots, is a sparring partner for Pricey. I'm happy Pricey retired him and at least Allen would disappear and stick to sleeping in the bookies now.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Al "The biggest mover and shaker in the sport" Haymon lost the Wilder/Ruiz purse bid to Andry Ryabinski, and "the largest and the most brilliant legal minds in the country" then got turned over twice by the Russians in a US court!

Andy Ruiz signed a legally binding contract and he isn't a dumb, dishonourable welcher, like the PBC cocksuckers posting in this thread.

Andy will stick to his contract and, if he has to, he will defend his title on the road, like AJ did.
                How do you know that? You are not an attorney. You haven't seen or read the contract and neither have I but Al Haymon has. Obviously, his legal team has found a loophole in the rematch clause and they are planning on exploiting it.

Who knows? Perhaps the two sides can come together and reach an out of court settlement or agreement. However, it's going to cost Matchroom a lot of money. I am pretty sure that Team Ruiz will be willing to settle for about $30 mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
                  It will be in Cardiff in December. Take it to the bank
                  Wrong answer. It's not going to happen.

Comment

• Are there any links saying Andy has any LEGAL voice in where the fight takes place ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      Hearn is a moron who's yet to grasp how boxing works at the top and due to greed, all he cares about is making difficult fights and getting paid in the short term and not its overall consequences on long term goals. It's basically what happens with people who talk too much - being a good listener is always a better gift.

Once that match with Miller fell through, especially since Miller is a perfect style/height for Josh to beat up comfortably and since there was no other ticket seller available...he could've picked any easy target who won't fight back for Josh to beat up comfortably. 1). That was his first time fighting in America and the pressure would be too much for him. 2). He needs a style he's comfortable with since it's on short notice and it's his introduction to new fan base. However, Eddie Hearn the dummy decided to go get the worst style matchup possible and a height nightmare for the guy. Then he added extra pressure on the guy to do it style and surpass what Wilder did against a human punching bag.

On an even night with decent amount of pressure, AJ beats Ruiz comfortably 9 out of 10 times, if he's patient and fights his normal fight. But it's going to be a late stoppage due to cumulative punishment or he wins on point. Ruiz doesn't move his feet and he ploddes forward. And if Josh can control the distance (which he knows how to do when he's comfortable) and use his jab and uppercut to keep Ruiz at bay - Ruiz won't get anywhere near him. He beats Ruiz comfortably in the rematch.

This is a case Al Haymon can NEVER win. His attorneys couldn't win the Povetkin litigation and PBC had to cough out millions. So what makes you think they have a chance with this one? I'm sure Matchroom would be seeking at at least $70million, including the $5million they paid Ruiz for the first fight. Then Ruiz would lose all the belts because he won't be able to take other fights and fight the mandatories. And for every potential fight AJ misses, he would also have to pay what AJ is meant to earn. Where's the bankrupt PBC and broke Ruiz going to get that type of money from? The only other option is for Ruiz to retire and give all the belts away. Or pray AJ changes his mind about rematch which is NEVER going to happen. AJ likes money a lot and he won't turn down the possibility of making at least £30million for a fight even if Ruiz is going to beat him to a pulp, lool.

The only mandatory that's due from now till early next year is WBO and USyk is the mandatory. I don't even think AJ needs that belt and he'll most likely drop it when he wins the rematch. IBF can't force a mandatory now since Pulev is still serving a ban. And I'm pretty sure they prefer a cash cow holding that belt. As for WBA: he just fought Povetkin, their mandatory and the belt is clear until 2021.

The rematch is going to happen in Cardiff on 14th December and it will be announced this week or the next one. DAZN has no say in the rematch (AJ isn't signed to them). The only thing delaying the announcement is the time the bout starts. I think they're trying to make it happen somewhat late around 1 or 2am, so American fans would be able to watch it as well. That's the DAZN negotiation that's holding it back. Once that's done, Ruiz will get the orders via PBC.

When the fu ck are you gonna give AJ the responsibility for the L? There's only two guys in the ring fighting and if he couldn't take the pressure on the night and crumbled that's no-one elses fault and potentially a big flaw in his make up. At the end of the day he wasn't good enough that night and Ruiz was.

He's now got a lot to prove and I hope he comes out on top but you give us AJ fans a bad name with your ridiculous excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X