Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Guillermo Rigondeaux Finish His Run at 122?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Did you catch the Rigo fight? I only saw a clip. I understand he fought in a completely different style, a more crowd-pleasing approach. What a finish. The guy has always had serious power, something few people knew about because he fights so defensively.
    Yeah it was great fight. I think Rigo’s legs have slowed a little and he got drawn into a dogfight. Credit to him though, he came through it and landed a beautiful left hand to close proceedings. His power has always been legit though, I sat ringside when he came over here to face the massively overmatched Jazza Dickens and that left hand has some serious snap on it. It’s nice to see Rigo finally getting some props, I hope this performance earns him a big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Yeah it was great fight. I think Rigo’s legs have slowed a little and he got drawn into a dogfight. Credit to him though, he came through it and landed a beautiful left hand to close proceedings. His power has always been legit though, I sat ringside when he came over here to face the massively overmatched Jazza Dickens and that left hand has some serious snap on it. It’s nice to see Rigo finally getting some props, I hope this performance earns him a big payday.
      I’ve managed to catch some clips. Rigo was landing some thudding shots. His power at this weight really is exceptional. He might be forced to fight this way more often as he ages. As you said, his legs might be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I’ve managed to catch some clips. Rigo was landing some thudding shots. His power at this weight really is exceptional. He might be forced to fight this way more often as he ages. As you said, his legs might be gone.
        The legs do seem to have slowed, the hand speed and accuracy are still there but Rigo was forced to stand and trade a helluva lot more than usual tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          I disagree. He suffered alot of mental damage. He got embarrassed after all that talking he did and quit. If you quit once there is a good chance you won't be the same fighter and you might do it again when things don't go your way.
          well no mental damage from where am sitting. Actually he wen toe to toe with a bigger, stronger and younger foe and knock him out with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            well no mental damage from where am sitting. Actually he wen toe to toe with a bigger, stronger and younger foe and knock him out with one punch.
            Sure but he wasn't outboxed. Thats when his mentality will show up again

Comment

Working...
            X