No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andy Ruiz Grinds Hard in Camp For Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Perhaps it’s a combination of both. I’ve always had Ruiz Jr as a top ten heavyweight, and I had him winning against Parker also. He has incredible hand speed for a man his size (probably the fastest at Heavyweight) not to mention he’s shown he can go a full 12 rounds without gassing, which Joshua can’t do. It’s also my opinion that Joshua struggles against shorter heavyweights (Takam, Povetkin) so it could be the perfect storm. Am I expecting a Ruiz win? No. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.
    Fair enough. I think AJ routs him. I just can't picture a guy with that body type with a crown on it. I must root against that happening

Comment

The people in here acting like Andy is some club fighter are in for a rude awakening
      Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post

What Ruiz fight impressed you ? ...
      Perhaps it’s a combination of both. I’ve always had Ruiz Jr as a top ten heavyweight, and I had him winning against Parker also. He has incredible hand speed for a man his size (probably the fastest at Heavyweight) not to mention he’s shown he can go a full 12 rounds without gassing, which Joshua can’t do. (...)
      ... but he couldn't hurt Parker, though...

Comment

Fair enough. I think AJ routs him. I just can't picture a guy with that body type with a crown on it. I must root against that happening
        As I always say, it’s professional boxing, not professional bodybuilding. I think Ruiz is a better boxer than Miller tbh.

Buster Mathis was 300lbs in the olympics. Sports Illustrated magazine said him sitting in the corner resembled a “melting hot fudge sundae” yet he was quick, talented, and beat Joe Frazier twice in the amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... but he couldn't hurt Parker, though...
          Take away a head butt from Whyte, and nobody has hurt Parker. Including AJ.

Dat Samoan skull.

This fight isn’t in the UK. Ruiz can box and risk going to the cards like he did against Parker if he so chooses.

Comment

As I always say, it’s professional boxing, not professional bodybuilding. I think Ruiz is a better boxer than Miller tbh.

Buster Mathis was 300lbs in the olympics. Sports Illustrated magazine said him sitting in the corner resembled a “melting hot fudge sundae” yet he was quick, talented, and beat Joe Frazier twice in the amateurs.
            Meh @ amateur fights

TnT Tubbs (how ironic) was also a champ.

Just saying I'd prefer those types never be champs.

Good thing AJ is the champ and not some other lard ass.

Just my preference.

Comment

Meh @ amateur fights

TnT Tubbs (how ironic) was also a champ.

Just saying I'd prefer those types never be champs.

Good thing AJ is the champ and not some other lard ass.

Just my preference.
              That’s fair. I’m of the belief that if you can box, you can box. His body hasn’t been an issue for him, and last thing anyone should want is him focusing on weight loss in camp and coming out flat and sluggish.

I’ve been following Andy for a while, and I was watching him in camp for his last fight. I thought he looked like he was in the best shape of his life, and then I was blown away at the weigh in when he was ten pounds heavier than he was against Parker.

Comment

Take away a head butt from Whyte, and nobody has hurt Parker. Including AJ.

Dat Samoan skull.

This fight isn’t in the UK. Ruiz can box and risk going to the cards like he did against Parker if he so chooses.
                ... you may be right...

Comment

... I remember that Povetkin wobbled Joshua badly with a left hook...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... you may be right...
                    How bad would it look if a big fatty danced around and outboxed jacked up AJ on the inside and won a UD? Think Hearn had the foresight to get a rematch clause?

Comment

That’s fair. I’m of the belief that if you can box, you can box. His body hasn’t been an issue for him, and last thing anyone should want is him focusing on weight loss in camp and coming out flat and sluggish.

I’ve been following Andy for a while, and I was watching him in camp for his last fight. I thought he looked like he was in the best shape of his life, and then I was blown away at the weigh in when he was ten pounds heavier than he was against Parker.
                      Same with Bummane vs DW 2. Was ''grinding'' hard. Wouldn't know it by looking at him

True

Talent is talent.

Babe Ruth was shlt for conditioning, but maybe 3 players better than him.

Maybe Ruiz would have stood a better chance vs a guy like Bruno or Weaver

Comment

Working...
                      X