Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could rewrite Boxing history, what would you change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
    I can't name a white athlete eviscerated for saying racist stuff like Floyd because they know not to make such stupid comments for fear of the fallout eviscerating them.
    So you don't know any white athlete who's said racist things cuz no white athlete has apparently done that cuz their too smart to do it? But you know if they did they'd be eviscerated?!?!?!

Okkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy. LOL. I don't even know what to say to this, but you gotta see how wonky this sounds.

And randomly I was thinking of 3 or 4 white people who said racist sh^t who kept playing their sport with lil to no negative penalties on them & certainly never having their career ended lol.

That pitcher guy was the first to come to mind & there have been plenty others who slipped up. Some golfer made some watermelon & fried chicken joke about Tiger Woods back in the day. Sh^t I think he's still playing golf.

Floyd woulda took less flack for his remarks against Manny if he WAS white lmfao.

An example of how a white athlete can be ostracized and hounded for making politically incorrect views would be Tyson Fury.
    Fury effed up his own career + he had that PED/coke situation that kept him out of the ring. His issues have very lil to nothing to do with his anti-Jewish remarks or his anti-female remarks. Idk who else if anyone he made remarks against.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      So you don't know any white athlete who's said racist things cuz no white athlete has apparently done that cuz their too smart to do it? But you know if they did they'd be eviscerated?!?!?!

Okkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy. LOL. I don't even know what to say to this, but you gotta see how wonky this sounds.

And randomly I was thinking of 3 or 4 white people who said racist sh^t who kept playing their sport with lil to no negative penalties on them & certainly never having their career ended lol.

That pitcher guy was the first to come to mind & there have been plenty others who slipped up. Some golfer made some watermelon & fried chicken joke about Tiger Woods back in the day. Sh^t I think he's still playing golf.

Floyd woulda took less flack for his remarks against Manny if he WAS white lmfao.

Fury effed up his own career + he had that PED/coke situation that kept him out of the ring. His issues have very lil to nothing to do with his anti-Jewish remarks or his anti-female remarks. Idk who else if anyone he made remarks against.
      You didn't name a single name of a white person making similar racist comments. "That pitcher guy" lol. Who the hell is that?

You said Floyd would have been better treated/more successful if he was white, I believe it is the opposite based on all the stupid stuff he has said/done. If what I said was wonky then what you said was as well, it's all hypothetical.

I read an article about Tyson Fury where despite having one of the biggest wins ever for UK boxing (beating Klit) he was treated as a pariah and villain due to his politically incorrect comments rather than a hero and it was that which caused his descent into drugs etc and kept him out of the ring. Media hounded him based on his comments rather than his amazing boxing win and he was mistreated rather than celebrated. If he was black he probably would have been given a pass for his comments and might have already fought again vs the likes of Joshua. We'll never know.

If you really think Floyd would have taken less flack for his racist comments had he been white I don't know what to say.

Comment

Kovalev should have gotten the first decision over ward....it ruined his career

Myke Tyson doesnt get KO'd by Douglas and stays dedicated

Roy Jones retires after his win at Heavyweight

Pacquiao and Mayweather fight in 2010

Sergio Martinez doesnt get injured

Margarito gets busted before the cotto fight

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
          You didn't name a single name of a white person making similar racist comments. "That pitcher guy" lol. Who the hell is that?
          Idr his name. He played for the Indians or somethng iirc. I couldn't google it to find out cuz I didn't remember enough about. But go look up Tiger Woods & racist & you'll see more bs then I brought up. The guy I brought up was Fuezzy Zoeller

At the 1997 Masters Tournament, Zoeller made a racist remark regarding Tiger Woods. After finishing tied for 34th place with a score of 78, Zoeller, referring to the following year's Masters Champions Dinner, for which the defending champion selects the menu, said, "He's doing quite well, pretty impressive. That little boy is driving well and he's putting well. He's doing everything it takes to win. So, you know what you guys do when he gets in here? You pat him on the back and say congratulations and enjoy it and tell him not to serve fried chicken next year. Got it." Zoeller then smiled, snapped his fingers, and walked away before turning and adding, "or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve."[6] K-Mart and Dunlop ceased sponsoring Zoeller after the incident
          & some guy named Sergio Garcia said something similar. And some TV guy made a joke about Woods getting lynched.

I'm a lil shocked you suggested white athletes have never said racist sh^t before honestly lmfao. I've seen you saying some quality sh^t before, but thats naive & silly to think white athletes aren't saying ignorant sh^t.

Like I said no one was saying racist sh^t about people EXCEPT white people, more or less, til about 3 years ago when all these SJW started dissing white dudes mostly pretty f#cking casually.

You said Floyd would have been better treated/more successful if he was white, I believe it is the opposite based on all the stupid stuff he has said/done. If what I said was wonky then what you said was as well, it's all hypothetical.
          Its not hypothetical cuz white people been saying racist sh^t. About the only casualties of racist sh^t is the old commentator who crossed the line & don't know how to flip it back ala Jimmy the Greek.

If you really think Floyd would have taken less flack for his racist comments had he been white I don't know what to say.
          Well again show me where white athletes lost their position 10 years ago over some sh^t like this. Very similarly that Zoeller guy was dogging Tiger about "what black people eat" just like was a solid part of Floyd's diss of Manny iirc & he only lost 2 sponsors & the PGA did nothing. Thats not even death via 1000 cuts let alone being eviscerated.
          Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-07-2018, 03:43 AM.

Comment

John Rocker is the pitcher.

For a story published in the December 27, 1999, issue of Sports Illustrated, Rocker made a number of allegations stemming from his experiences in New York City and answering a question about whether he would ever play for the New York Yankees or the New York Mets.

I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-wracking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?[11]

The interview was conducted while driving to a speaking engagement in Atlanta. The reporter, Jeff Pearlman, wrote that during the interview session, Rocker spat on a Georgia State Route 400 toll machine and mocked Asian women. Also, Rocker referred to Curaçaoan teammate Randall Simon as a "fat monkey."

Comment

The super six doesn't happen. Robberies like Froch over Dirrel and Dirrel over Abraham...fouls like Ward over Kessler...what a shet fest.
              Calzaghe fights the greats of his time because I believe he could have been super competitive and shut down a lot of the "Calslappy" ******s.
              Pavlik doesn't fight Hopkins.
              David Price doesn't fight Tony Thompson.
              Golovkin rises and shuts Ward the heck up.

Comment

Two huge ones for me are;

- Ali never got banned as he was approaching his peak.

- Cus d’Amato didn’t die when he did, in regards to the difference it would have meant for the moulding and handling of Tyson.

Obviously there are tons of easy ones...May-Pac happened in 2010/Tyson-Lewis was 10 years prior etc, but if I had to chose just one or two it would definitely be the two I mentioned first off. Huge chunks of heavyweight history could have been totally, totally different. Maybe.

Comment

Adalaide Byrd was never born.

Comment

15 round fights stays the same.

Only cruiserweight division added to original eight.

One recognized champion per division.

Comment

Pacquiao letting Marquez live in the round 6 of their 4th fight and basically then patiently breaking a broken Marquez in the 9th for a TKO win.

Comment

Working...
                      X