Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Luis Ortiz the best / most skilled southpaw professional heavyweight boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz has never even been a champion so no...i'd say Chris Byrd or Michael Moorer

Might change my opinion if Ortiz is able to beat Wilder
    Last edited by DuckAdonis; 02-24-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
      This. Michael Moorer was class.
      Ortiz, had better defense and more of an arsenal imo. It's like Pernell Whitaker and Terence Crawford. Terence Crawford is a more evolved Pernell while Ortiz is a more evolved Moorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        Ortiz, had better defense and more of an arsenal imo. It's like Pernell Whitaker and Terence Crawford. Terence Crawford is a more evolved Pernell while Ortiz is a more evolved Moorer.
        What if Ortiz loses to Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
          What if Ortiz loses to Wilder?
          What If Crawford loses to Thurman? It doesn't change the fact that he is a level above guys like Wilfred, Cotto, Pernell, and Tszyu. Just like if Ortiz loses to Wilder it doesn't change the fact that Ortiz is above Moorer in every way.

Comment

Byrd
            Sanders
            Moorer
            Ibragimov

Just off the top of my head

Comment

It

Originally posted by Bronze_Dynamite View Post
              You all are forgetting about the one and only, the great 'Prince' Charles Martin.
              Equal ATM

Martin was dominant v Glaskov

Equal to Ortiz v Jennings

Comment

Ibragimov is better than Ortiz ATM.. if Ortiz wins against Wilder then he goes up the list..
                Byrd and Moorer are on high on that list..

Comment

There haven't been many good southpaw heavyweights that I know of. It really comes down to a fight between Moorer and Ortiz. I think Ortiz could beat him and was a better heavyweight. Ortiz is a big heavyweight while Moorer was a light heavyweight champion before he was heavyweight champion so he was a smaller heavyweight. I think Ortiz has more punching power and a better chin than Moorer. Moorer was right handed but fought from a southpaw stance. Joe Frazier and Sonny Liston were left handed but fought from a right handed stance.

Comment

I hope Ortiz climbs the stadium instead and yells, “arggggh...yo kero dinero!”

Comment

Easily, Ortiz is a legit super heavy.

I see people bringing up Moorer and Byrd but these fighters would have no chance in this current era of super heavies. Special in their era, just gate keepers at best in this era.

Put it this way, Ortiz has a whopping 10 inch reach advantage on Byrd, 3 inches in height, and 30lbs in pure muscle with an 80% KO ratio.

Comment

Working...
                      X