Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hindsight after crying that Rigo was being "lowballed" was he in fact OVERPAID?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In hindsight after crying that Rigo was being "lowballed" was he in fact OVERPAID?

Heard for a while that offers of $500k and $750k was low ball offers for Rigo and disrespectful and that he was worth north of $1m however now that we've seen the fight and his lack of passion and character in addition to not being on the same planet skills-wise as Lomachenko was he in fact overpaid at $400k?

The guy just caved in, went into survival mode early and waved the white flag once it was mathematically impossible for him to win the fight outside of a KO.

I'd say the purses of $75-115k he was receiving in his other fights was more in line with his true value and not the over generous $400k he received.

Damn, I remember all those posters talking about how Riggo was getting loballed by "greedy, snake" scumbag Jew, Arum. Where they at?

Comment

Another pointless thread. There seems to be a huge obsession with fighters' purses, and fans acting like promoters. This is taking it to the next level of pointless idiocracy. In hindsight, what should this boxer's purse be? Lol great, great thread.

Comment

I think he was. Don’t have a big enough fanbase and doesn’t contribute anything promotional wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
          Damn, I remember all those posters talking about how Riggo was getting loballed by "greedy, snake" scumbag Jew, Arum. Where they at?
          this!!!!! arum ruin rigo's legacy, etc.

Comment

Someone sounds jealous that Rigo got some change in his pocket. Grown a*s man, you should be ashamed of yourself....This is a sport where people put their life on the line so yea he deserved the money but he also deserves the **** everyone is talking for his lack of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
              He did get low-balled, its arum's tactic to get out of a fight. I'm sure you would be mad if you fought Floyd & he only paid you ten thousand dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                this!!!!! arum ruin rigo's legacy, etc.
                Career not legacy.

Comment

Disagree. Love him or hate him, Rigo was a P4P fighter with a great win, an amazing amateur record and a record for getting ducked by other fighters. He wasn't a bum, and getting 500k-1m is fair, especially considering that Rigo was the one who took most risk by jumping 2 divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    He did get low-balled, its arum's tactic to get out of a fight. I'm sure you would be mad if you fought Floyd & he only paid you ten thousand dollars.
                    No, no I wouldn't. I would quit right away before he started lighting me up, and make away with the 10k.

Comment

Working...
                    X