Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather in the same bracket as Ali and Tyson now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson is famous but I don't think his opinion is respected by that many people. He has a history as a ruthless criminal at times in his life but he has put that behind him and is no longer like that so more power to him for that. Still he comes off as a person with a low IQ with a life of very stupid decisions to prove it. Mayweather has no formal education but he is a smart man with a life of smart decisions to prove it. I think Mayweather is just as famous as Tyson and far more influential. Tyson is famous in a scary way for knocking people out in and out of the ring and biting their ear off. Mayweather is famous for his perfect record and his incredible fortune. Nobody tops Ali for fame and a positive influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Blackie View Post
      I'm not going out of my way to talk bad about Mayweather. He's a popular Boxer known in most of the world. It's questionable whether he's known worldwide on the level of Ali or Tyson though.

I don't see why you disparage Tyson for no reason other than to have Floyd seen in a better way.

Whether he's seen in a good or bad way is irrelevant. That's not the topic.

My opinion is he became as famous as he was because he was convicted of rape. That is relevant to the topic. Why are people acting like i did a crime for mentioning he's a rapist?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        My opinion is he became as famous as he was because he was convicted of rape. That is relevant to the topic. Why are people acting like i did a crime for mentioning he's a rapist?
        You're entitled to your own opinion.

The question is asking whether he is as iconic as either Ali or Tyson.

What you're bringing up is irrelevant.

Stop trolling. You lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Blackie View Post
          You're entitled to your own opinion.

The question is asking whether he is as iconic as either Ali or Tyson.

What you're bringing up is irrelevant.

Stop trolling. You lame.
          For boxing Mayweather is. For raping young girls it goes to Tyson. Happy now?

Comment

Muhammad Ali was one of the most famous people in the world. His popularity went way beyond sports. Tyson made a lot of headlines but it was all bad. During Tyson's reign the public loved to hate on famous black athletes so he gave them more than enough. Mayweather never reached the level of popularity or noteriety. Even when they bring up his domestic violence issues you can tell they're really trying hard to shape public opinion.

Comment

Not even close.
              Ali & Tyson are THE two biggest and most famous names in boxing.
              Tyson and Ali are on the same level as Michael Jordan & Michael Jackson as who the average joe knows.
              Mayweather is really not much of a household name outside the USA.

Joshua is already more well know than Floyd in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
                Not even close.
                Ali & Tyson are THE two biggest and most famous names in boxing.
                Tyson and Ali are on the same level as Michael Jordan & Michael Jackson as who the average joe knows.
                Mayweather is really not much of a household name outside the USA.

Joshua is already more well know than Floyd in the UK.
                Not a household name outside the US? False.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Not a household name outside the US? False.

Oh yeah?

I bet if you ask most people in Europe, Africa or Asia they dont even know who Floyd is.

And Im not talking about people who follows boxing.
                  Im talking about the average joe.

If you ask them if they ever heard about the names Tyson & Ali they will know.
                  Mayweather, no.

Comment

as far as influence nobody is surpassing ali. but it needs to be understood that ali in his prime was hated even more than floyd. he had his hardcore fans but most ppl disliked him for his loud mouth and affiliation to islam. white america even adopted joe Frazier as their own when he faced ali. this is all history. ali became universally liked and admired when he was frail and sick and the world saw him shaking and barely walking at the Olympics. thats when ali was placed on a pedestal.

tyson was like a damn action figure. his aura was unmatched. still to this day nobody has reached that tyson aura. even though his "prime" was short tyson reached god status around the world in no time. being heavyweight champ was like being king of the world. being the greatest welterweight will never carry that heavyweight aura. ray robinson is supposedly the best ever at welter yet he didn't reach half the recognition as ali in his prime.

if were strictly talking boxing skills though then floyd is TBE. period. better than ali, tyson, robinson, whoever.. hes the most accurate, the least touched, the greatest boxing iq etc.. hes the perfect boxer. bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
                      Oh yeah?

I bet if you ask most people in Europe, Africa or Asia they dont even know who Floyd is.

And Im not talking about people who follows boxing.
                      Im talking about the average joe.

If you ask them if they ever heard about the names Tyson & Ali they will know.
                      Mayweather, no.
                      I bet you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X