Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here gotten LASIK / Corrective Eye Surgery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
    You can't ever go blind from it since the operation is done on the surface of the eye. Complications happen, you can tear a ligament playing sports and die from blood clots after a routine physio opertaion.
    What is the best surgery PRK,Lasik or Lasek?? I never have a good vision since I turned 16. I am currently 27.

Comment

this is something that i always wanted to get done.. recently went in for an eye exam since my vision was starting to go bad at night while driving. turns out i need glasses. would like to go this route instead of wearing glasses or contacts but im worried about the long term health and will it have any effect on it?

Comment

with glasses, if your vision starts to go bad you can always get a new lens cater to how your vision is at the moment. if you get surgery done, does your vision stays the same for ever? what happens when you start to get old? will you need glasses then? or do you just have to go in for another surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          with glasses, if your vision starts to go bad you can always get a new lens cater to how your vision is at the moment. if you get surgery done, does your vision stays the same for ever? what happens when you start to get old? will you need glasses then? or do you just have to go in for another surgery?
          Our eyes naturally get worse as we age, so you might need glasses in your late 40s onwards. I think they offer touchups if your eyesight gets worse in the short run, however that shouldn't happen as they usually ask for proof of a stable eye test in the past two years. Late 20s seems like a good time to do it as your eyesight should have stabilised.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
            What is the best surgery PRK,Lasik or Lasek?? I never have a good vision since I turned 16. I am currently 27.
            Book a free consultation dude, through my research (and i may be wrong!) Prk has the longest recovery time and isn't instant, so you'll feel uncomfortable for a few weeks as your vision improves. PRK is meant to be the best if you carry out physically intensive activities/athlete however. Not everyone is eligible for Lasik or Lasek so they might recommend you do prk instead. They'll let you know what's best for you and in some cases (very rarely) they might recommend you not go through with it.

Comment

Turns out I had posted how I was considering eye correction surgery on this thread in 2016. I had PRK done in December of 2017 and it's pretty sweet. I highly recommend PRK if you're looking into options.

My eyes do get a little dry every once in a while, but it's pretty rare for me and even when they are dry, it doesn't really bother me much.

Comment

Book a free consultation dude, through my research (and i may be wrong!) Prk has the longest recovery time and isn't instant, so you'll feel uncomfortable for a few weeks as your vision improves. PRK is meant to be the best if you carry out physically intensive activities/athlete however. Not everyone is eligible for Lasik or Lasek so they might recommend you do prk instead. They'll let you know what's best for you and in some cases (very rarely) they might recommend you not go through with it.
                Just went into the doctor. My eyes are eligible for Lasik, and Lasek. I want to pick PRK but the doctor said it has a slow recovery, but good for sports.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
                  Just went into the doctor. My eyes are eligible for Lasik, and Lasek. I want to pick PRK but the doctor said it has a slow recovery, but good for sports.
                  Nice one! Make sure they have great after care, a few have a kick you out after surgery and forget about you attitude.

Comment

Nice one! Make sure they have great after care, a few have a kick you out after surgery and forget about you attitude.
                    Just had my eye floater lasered last month. This is going to be my 2nd laser surgery. I developed floaters in 2016 because of being myopic.

Elongated Eyeball cause my floaters.

Comment

I have cataracts that need fixing. The wife as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X