Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch: Purse Bid Set For February 5, 60-40 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I really wanna see the rematch... but wbc ordering a purse bid is an absolutely joke.... does that make fury the mandatory, did he jump to the fro t of the line? Really feel sorry for Whyte and breazeale in that situation, surely they have waited long enough
    Remember when all of these fan girls were claiming Whyte didn’t want to fight Ortiz as a second eliminator? Well this was why. It would have taken whoever won another 2 years to get a forced shot if Wilder was still the champion. I have no doubt that the WBC were protecting Wilder then, now it’s became even more clearer. It’s pure disgraceful and disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      It’s good that they ordered it but equally pointless, 60/40 isn’t going to progress the negiotiations at all?

What does this mean for Brezeale though? Wbc don’t order very often so does this mean the two year clock starts over again?
      Breazeale is getting a step aside money plus some premium dates from Haymon

Probably going to make more than getting more than ktfo in 3 rounds against Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        This is the video I was looking for, the one poster that use to make all kind of excuses for Wilder and WBC (We be crooks) when I accuse them of protecting Wilder from Whyte. Now for me it’s confirmed that the WBC use the excuse of a mandatory (Breazeale) to duck Whyte. Not only is Breazeale had to sit it out for another fight but he has been moved aside as a mandatory, even though the WBC chairman claimed he would sued by Breazeale if that happens.

This is why Wilder was able to message Whyte and said “I don’t have to do anything for two years with you”
        It doesn't add up ... unless Breazeale has agreed to step aside, or Sulaiman is a bare-faced liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Breazeale is getting a step aside money plus some premium dates from Haymon
          Have you any evidence of that?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Yes, allowed. As in legally allowed.

According to Sulaiman, the WBC gave Breazeale a signed contract stating that his proposed fight with Stiverne would be a final eliminator, with the winner becoming their mandatory. But Stiverne ended up going straight into a title fight after Ortiz failed a PED test.

Again, according to Sulaiman, that meant they were legally required to make Breazeale their mandatory challenger if he won his next fight, against Molina.

El Presidente himself explains the situation here:

hmm, good point

no idea

maybe this is one of those..... "we are the WBC so, tough tltties"..... things?

no idea really

the only two things that spring to mind are.....

1) like you said, Breazeale did not win that title eliminator

2) "Mauricio Sulaiman, President of the World Boxing Council, has revealed that his organization held an officially vote - where it was unanimously agreed to sanction a direct rematch between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury."

you saw the Wilder/Fury fight, right?..... so when the WBCronies had their roundtable and took a vote..... who did those guys think won the fight?

they just sanctioned the rematch, despite being aware of the situation with Breazeale..... so I think the WBC just admitted that their champ has some URGENT business that he needs to take care of

not sure really

Comment

Fury has never held the WBC title, so he can't be their emeritus champion.
              True. I didn't take that into account, nor did I read aboutfkintime's article, that states clearly that Brezeale is still their mandatory. We almost had a conversation about nothing haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                I'm still trying to understand how a voluntary fight is ordered and goes to a purse bid, while a mandatory fight get skipped over for 2 or 3 years?
                You're not the only one mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                  It’s good that they ordered it but equally pointless, 60/40 isn’t going to progress the negiotiations at all?

What does this mean for Brezeale though? Wbc don’t order very often so does this mean the two year clock starts over again?

it means he will get knocked out 6 months later than he planned

Comment

It doesn't add up ... unless Breazeale has agreed to step aside, or Sulaiman is a bare-faced liar.
                    It would have to be a combination of that. But does that even matter? Take your shot or get move down the pecking order. So whoever waste their time going through the WBC route is plain dumb like these Wilder fan girls.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      hmm, good point

no idea

maybe this is one of those..... "we are the WBC so, tough tltties"..... things?

no idea really

the only two things that spring to mind are.....

1) like you said, Breazeale did not win that title eliminator

2) "Mauricio Sulaiman, President of the World Boxing Council, has revealed that his organization held an officially vote - where it was unanimously agreed to sanction a direct rematch between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury."

you saw the Wilder/Fury fight, right?..... so when the WBCronies had their roundtable and took a vote..... who did those guys think won the fight?

they just sanctioned the rematch, despite being aware of the situation with Breazeale..... so I think the WBC just admitted that their champ has some URGENT business that he needs to take care of

not sure really
                      They know there are three guys with a claim to being the champ, and it's their version of the title that looks worth the least right now. If Wilder was a paper champ before the Fury fight, what is he now?

Breazeale doesn't restore the credibility. And this move by the WBC would indicate that they genuinely feared Deontay was going to fight him, otherwise sanctioning the Fury fight would have been enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X