Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate on NSB for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    No in most 12 round fights, there are quite a few close rounds...you can't give every close round to one guy, otherwise you can get really bad cards, or really bad decisions...you generally need to split close rounds.

Btw...post your scorecards or stop responding to me...I've posted mine now a few times for you...so why don't you man up and post yours.
    I PROMISE you one thing! Show up with your crayon colored score card asking for $$$ will get you KNOCKED the FUK OUT!!!! Unlike when I rolled up and said here...Pay me

Comment

No in most 12 round fights, there are quite a few close rounds...you can't give every close round to one guy, otherwise you can get really bad cards, or really bad decisions...you generally need to split close rounds.

Btw...post your scorecards or stop responding to me...I've posted mine now a few times for you...so why don't you man up and post yours.
      My scorecard said $$$$$$ go collect! Did yours say that??? Need fkn links stupid??? Ohhh I forgot! you the dumb @ss who STILL trying to collect that money. I hope you get your fkn head caved in telling them 8-4 doe...

Comment

Man I'm not trying to be rude...but you seem to not know the difference between a fact and an opinion...you are calling your opinions facts, and my facts opinions lol...you also seem to be taking this stuff kind of personally/emotionally...and it's really not like that for me.

I broke down pretty dispassionately my opinion of Ward and GGG in the last post I made...that's just how I saw the two of them really...just the way it goes sometimes...gotta call stuff like you see it...and yeah I don't think I'm really very biased at all with anything I post on here.

I had Fury-Wilder a draw; Floyd beat Pac 8-4 etc...I don't always side with 'my guy'...I just call it like I see it...I don't have low self-esteem (not saying you do) like some apparently do on here, to where I need to project my insecurities onto certain fighters to make myself feel better.

And I don't exactly have the same background as GGG anyway...but even if I did, there are great fighters from all backgrounds to where if I really wanted to project my own issues onto a fighter who was like me, I could have the pick of the litter...as could you, as could anyone really.

To your first paragraph...yes Ward, for every fight in his career, was the home fighter...he either fought everyone in his backyard in Oakland, or close by elsewhere in CA...he fought Froch, a UK fighter, in the US...Ward's cards vs Barrera and Bika were very very favorable...those were close fights...fair to say Ward won both, but it wasn't by much...and when you get hometown referring (as Ward needed generally with his style), then it isn't just about the cards anyway...the Kessler fight is an example of this.

Your second paragraph sounds very emotional and sounds like you are taking it personal..and then you try to project that on me, that I am the one making it personal lol...I'm really not...and again, you are saying your opinions, not facts man...I broke down in the last post as to why I felt Ward was over-hyped, and why GGG wasn't.

And I didn't exactly sh.it on Ward in that post anyway...you can take it as 'lack of respect' lol...but I just call it like I see it with him, and it's not personal to me...I've said many times that he was a very tough, smart fighter...regardless of whether or not he had help, you couldn't implement his style and having any lasting success in there without being tough and smart.

Similar to my opinion that if Lara were from the US, he would probably be undefeated right now...US UK and Mexican fighters get a lot of help sometimes...that is where all the money/hype is, so they get some help sometimes...a lot of Cuban/Eastern Euros don't generally get the same breaks.

And I'm not really 'complaining' about GGG's detractors being 'racist'...I never said that word at all really...I just said that race plays a big factor for people in a lot of things...and I think it brings people together a lot...but also can skew their vision on certain things...and I think this is true for a lot of GGG 'haters'... I don't call them racist or say they are being racist.

Yeah man all I can say is that I like to talk boxing and have discussions...but I learned a while ago that really getting into your feelings about someone else having a different opinion is a waste of time energy and effort...so yeah I just call it like I see it but have no real concern for whether or not you or anyone else agrees...and I certainly don't lose any sleep as to whether anyone on here finds me 'objective'...I just don't care enough to try and be anything other than objective.

Do me a favor and give me your QRD on the following post I made about Ward/Bute btw...just want to see how real you supposedly keep it:

Hint: if you are a Ward fan...an acceptable answer here may be "Hey Ward was just talking sh.it and talking out of both sides of his mouth to try and hype the fight...he was just trying to make good business decisions at the time of those comments"

A bad take would be "Well Ward was right etc etc"...even if you like a guy you don't have to defend everything he says or does.

Your a POSHT!!! And need to get stomped on-site. I got Wilder for $1,000 show up at the fight and don't pay....

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          What ever joke! I collected my $$$$ and didn't have to get beat up for it. Go collect that money punk??? Show your scorecard
          Are you drunk man

Comment

My scorecard said $$$$$$ go collect! Did yours say that??? Need fkn links stupid??? Ohhh I forgot! you the dumb @ss who STILL trying to collect that money. I hope you get your fkn head caved in telling them 8-4 doe...
            Well I know you had GGG winning fight 1 7-5...so you don't really need to post that one if you don't want to.

Your a POSHT!!! And need to get stomped on-site. I got Wilder for $1,000 show up at the fight and don't pay....
            I actually think that is a 51-49 fight, edged to Wilder...I thought a draw in the first fight was the right score...3-3 through 6...then Fury dominated nearly every part of the 2nd half, but got dropped twice for two 10-8 rounds against.

So take your race-baiting BS elsewhere...I judge fighters and their ability...not skin color.

Comment

OK...well I will give you an opportunity to keep it real then...and would love your opinion of the following post I made regarding Ward and Lucian Bute...to me the situation below is an example of 'not very believable/integrity issues.' Interested to see your opinion on it.

Over-hyped is relative I suppose...I don't really think so...if he was significantly overhyped I don't think we would have seen him show up twice against Canelo...regardless of what one thinks of those two fights, GGG landed significantly more punches on Canelo in those two fights...and did many other commendable things in that fight/his career.

As much as I feel that Ward actually suits your comment about integrity issues/not believable/overhyped...I don't think you can find one post of mine about him where I am emotionally dogging him...I just don't care that much...and I am sure I say as many good things about him/his career as I do negative things.

When you/others make it so personal with GGG and go so over the top/emotional...it certainly makes it seem like has everything to do with him not being part of your tribe and wanting to dog him, rather than objective criticism...at the end of the day, only you can answer that...if you are satisfied with your own answer then that's all there is to it really.

If you do respond, just respond here to the situation with Ward and Bute and don't try to deflect please.
              Haha, don't try to deflect you say, but you deflected yourself by quoting a long paragraph full of deflection on a guy that has nothing to do with this thread, regardless of what you think of ward, then you bring up race in other posts, even calling GGG white when he is really a eurasian, and assuming that people who hate on GGG is a black when that's not the case. People see through his BS just like any other boxers who has flaws. GGG was talked a lot because there is so much hype on him for many years, so there will be more eyes viewing him with a magnifying glass as well. Is it so hard for you to figure that out?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
                Haha, don't try to deflect you say, but you deflected yourself by quoting a long paragraph full of deflection on a guy that has nothing to do with this thread, regardless of what you think of ward, then you bring up race in other posts, even calling GGG white when he is really a eurasian, and assuming that people who hate on GGG is a black when that's not the case. People see through his BS just like any other boxers who has flaws. GGG was talked a lot because there is so much hype on him for many years, so there will be more eyes viewing him with a magnifying glass as well. Is it so hard for you to figure that out?
                I brought up Ward because of the 3 negatives you mentioned about GGG, I thought that post/situation summed up those 3 negatives for him pretty clearly...and I wanted to see if you kept it real there as well...it was an opportunity for you to prove that you keep it real and that it is not about race to you...I thought you were decent enough to give a quick answer there, and it appears I was wrong.

Yeah imho I think an overwhelming amount of the hate GGG gets is race based...it's kind of easy to tell because of how emotional some get when hating on him...it just kind of exposes them.

Most haters of any fighter sound bad though, and a lot of 'hate' (and support) for most fighters probably has a good bit to do with race...just is what it is.

But yeah imho it just appears that a very big percentage, moreso than I've noticed with any other fighter, of the hate GGG gets is race based...again I think he were a different color/black/from Mexico, a lot of those who hate him would love him even stronger than any current fans do.

Just my 2 cents from reading posts on here for years, and noticing trends with certain posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
                  Let me give you a good example btw of what I would think a reasonable critic of GGG would sound like...if someone said 'man GGG was a beast when he was rolling through everyone, but I am not sold on the level of competition he was facing then...he may not have really been tested then...and then when he was later in his career, he didn't exactly live up to some expectations...so it's hard to say exactly what his level was...but he was obviously a really good fighter.'

Like that would be a reasonable take...and I wouldn't think that person had any motive or anything behind it...they would just seem to be giving their opinion as they see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    Ok I’m good with that, so now tell that to the ggg fans.. good luck
                    I'm a Golovkin fan myself but I take your point.

Comment

maybe GGG will acheive what Canelo has done though, who are we to judge when hes not finished his career yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X