No announcement yet.

Am I still arm punching?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I still arm punching?

It's not pretty I know. I'm only looking to see if I'm still arm punching or if it looks like I'm putting my body into it.

Lllllll

Llllll
    Last edited by Tariq☆233; 07-10-2018, 01:59 AM.

Comment

you look okay but you need to get your feet into it more (that's where it starts) and not open yourself up too much

Comment

Originally posted by QuickKO View Post
        you look okay but you need to get your feet into it more (that's where it starts) and not open yourself up too much
        Yes thank you for the tip. This shadow boxing was ugly lol I was rushing to end the video

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
          Yes thank you for the tip. This shadow boxing was ugly lol I was rushing to end the video
          its okay looks pretty good just don't square up and focus on speed and youll be fine!

Comment

You are punching from the top down. It should be from the floor up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq☆233 View Post
              Yes it's still mostly an arm punch. Especially your hook. Slow it down, tuck in your elbows, and over exaggerate the hip extension. Hit him with your hip bro.

Shadowboxing is a tool that can be used for perfecting technique. You can't perfect your technique if you're trying to throw as hard and as fast as you can. Go slow and build muscle memory. Punching is one of the most unnatural movements you can do, it takes practice over and over to get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                Yes it's still mostly an arm punch. Especially your hook. Slow it down, tuck in your elbows, and over exaggerate the hip extension. Hit him with your hip bro.

Shadowboxing is a tool that can be used for perfecting technique. You can't perfect your technique if you're trying to throw as hard and as fast as you can. Go slow and build muscle memory. Punching is one of the most unnatural movements you can do, it takes practice over and over to get it right.
                Check your messages

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post

This. Keep it tighter. You’re lifting your elbows and going up-down instead of from the ass/hip aka the other way around. Someone else mentioned jf.

You’re squaring up too and practically hopping into it after/with the jab (which you’re pulling down instead of bringing it back home — tighten that up too) and that’s why you landed on the fronts of your feet at the same time, squared up before the punch even started so you got no real leverage so to speak. You can’t get your ass into it like that.

I can kind of see how you have the right idea but the mind/body connection (muscle memory) just isn’t there yet.

Take it slow like this guy is telling you.

A big mistake a lot of people make who train at home (I’m not saying you do, but if you do this might help) is hitting the bag too high and sometimes not going deep in the “body”. I’ve heard people say that developing your short lead hook to the body slowly, kind of gives you a better sensation of what it feels like to not throw an arm punch. I agree with that to an extent because (bias) I always feel like I get tons of leverage there without fail.

I learned in Mexico though sooo...take that for what you will. Maybe different train of thought. Everyone wants to be Chavez Sr esque to the body

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post

A big mistake a lot of people make who train at home (I’m not saying you do, but if you do this might help) is hitting the bag too high and sometimes not going deep in the “body”. I’ve heard people say that developing your short lead hook to the body slowly, kind of gives you a better sensation of what it feels like to not throw an arm punch. I agree with that to an extent because (bias) I always feel like I get tons of leverage there without fail.
                    Ive seen this mistake from a ton of home videos.

Comment

Working...
                    X