Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
    Yes relatively speaking on the sixth day but God saved the best for last
    Then why does Genesis chapter 2 say that he saw Adam was alone after the 7th day? And that is when and why he made Eve?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
    And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
    And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
    And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
    And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

This all happened after the 7th day. Why does the Bible contain this, if it isn't true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
      Really? Not one? There isn't even one person who you would describe as religious who cares about the truth?
      There is a singular exception. It doesn't apply to any mainstream religion, or even any named religion.

Believing that truth itself is sacred or divine would be the only religious exception. By definition.

Other than that, no. There is not a single member of the abrahamic religions, or of the other mainstream or named religions that really cares about the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        Then why does Genesis chapter 2 say that he saw Adam was alone after the 7th day? And that is when and why he made Eve?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
        And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
        And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
        And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
        And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

This all happened after the 7th day. Why does the Bible contain this, if it isn't true?
        All of the scholars I'm reading say both versus relate to 6th day.

Any hard evidence to the contrary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          There is a singular exception. It doesn't apply to any mainstream religion, or even any named religion.

Believing that truth itself is sacred or divine would be the only religious exception. By definition.

Other than that, no. There is not a single member of the abrahamic religions, or of the other mainstream or named religions that really cares about the truth.
          So a few people out of a billion? Tsk tsk.

I'll agree with you that much of what passes for mainstream Christianity these days is pozzed.

Comment

Adapting randomly to survive makes no sense

Nazis love evolitionism
            Why would you say it is random?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Why would you say it is random?
              I never believed adapting was random so you are just projecting as usual

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Its about random stuff. It's about the best adaptability adapting and surviving.

Comment

I never believed adapting was random so you are just projecting as usual
                My bad. I should have said it isn't about random

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  My bad. I should have said it isn't about random
                  Good for you for not believing in the theory of evolution

Comment

• why do militant teenaged atheists have such a 2-D concept of God and talk about him more than door-to-door jahova's witnesses could ever stomach?

I am not religious so you can't use that "u believe in a magic sky tooth fairy" line either. I'm an invincible opponent.
                    Last edited by ////; 07-15-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                      why do militant teenaged atheists have such a 2-D concept of God and talk about him more than door-to-door jahova's witnesses could ever stomach?

I am not religious so you can't use that "u believe in a magic sky tooth fairy" line either. I'm an invincible opponent.
                      I'm thinking its more than just the hypocracy or accumilation of let downs because Ive experienced all that myself so got to be something else
                      Last edited by maracho; 07-15-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X