Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Yoka Banned For 1-Year Over Tests, But Can Box Overseas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deus View Post
    Where Wilder, GGG train is irrelevant.

If you're going to be over in the US at a training camp then that is something that is planned and thus neither he nor his team should have had any issue informing the AFLD of that fact so he could be tested at a different date whilst he was still in France. Even if Yoka himself forgot how could his entire team... on 4 separate occasions?

Kinda laughable that so many posters here are actively defending a guy from running away from drug tests, whilst other fighters that always come up clean get lambasted for being a PED cheat because they look big.
    Well stated bro. You were definitely born out of the states and if not you are a credit to your family

Off course there are many intelligent Americans so all 15 of you do not take offence I was talking about the other idiots
    Last edited by Noelanthony; 07-08-2018, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      They dated him in France for a test when he was in a training camp in the US with Virgil.

That is just utterly stupid and unfair to a man who gave to your country his first HW gold medal.

They just don't like the fact that he's training in the US.
      My mistake, telephones and the internet weren't invented yet, oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        If they book him for a test when he clearly told them where he would be (America) then that’s their fault. I haven’t read how they came to their decision to ban him, but I would like to know about the other 3 times he miss a test. For me this actually look good on the French testing agency, they ban their golden goose, this would almost never happen in another country.
        He didn't inform them that he was in the US, so he did wrong too. It's crazy that they never came to an agreement.

I don't believe Yoka cheated to beat the bunch of bar fighters he fought in his first pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          My mistake, telephones and the internet weren't invented yet, oh wait...
          Yet that's right, so Yoka ain't hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
            Where Wilder, GGG train is irrelevant.

If you're going to be over in the US at a training camp then that is something that is planned and thus neither he nor his team should have had any issue informing the AFLD of that fact so he could be tested at a different date whilst he was still in France. Even if Yoka himself forgot how could his entire team... on 4 separate occasions?

Kinda laughable that so many posters here are actively defending a guy from running away from drug tests, whilst other fighters that always come up clean get lambasted for being a PED cheat because they look big.
            Yes it is, Yoka trains in a country (USA) but is tested in another country (France) wich makes it a TOTALLY different case than Wilder and GGG.

Comment

He didn't inform them that he was in the US, so he did wrong too. It's crazy that they never came to an agreement.

I don't believe Yoka cheated to beat the bunch of bar fighters he fought in his first pro fights.
              Did wrong too? No he's the only one that did wrong. It's not like they banned him for one mistake. They banned him for three 'mistakes' in the period of a year. Missing one test could be a one-off.... missing three tests is a pattern.

It's this simple: Yoka informs the AFDL of his whereabouts and then they simply wouldn't turn up for a random test at a time when he isn't where he said he was.

Yoka isn't hard to find? It's Yoka's responsibility to be where he stated to the AFDL. If they have to contact him to find out his whereabouts then it's not a random test is it? Yoka would have notice that he's going to be tested which is entirely against the point.

Yes it is, Yoka trains in a country (USA) but is tested in another country (France) wich makes it a TOTALLY different case than Wilder and GGG.
              Yoka is a proud Parisian that apparently only wants to fight in France because of that... as such it is inevitable that he is going to be making regular trips back home. You think GGG doesn't ever leave the country? If Yoka gives the AFDL accurate information they'd turn up to test him when he's home...

Beyond that this whole situation is Yoka's doing and nobody elses. He is the one that is insisting in fighting in France and thus needs to be tested by the French and he is the one that is then choosing to train in the US. Yoka is also the one that doesn't want to fight in the US and thus doesn't need to be tested in the US.

So yeh Yoka is the one that is making it very difficult to be tested and Yoka is the one that is giving inaccurate information to the AFDL on multiple occasions. A guy that makes that much money whom has a team of people around him to support him doesn't just 'forget' to inform drug testing agencies where he is not once, not twice, but three separate times in the space of a year unless he's actively trying to avoid being tested.

Comment

I don't want to believe that too, he does get tested as part of the olympic random testing so he must be used to informing the testers. So am surprised how and why this happened with him, you can never trust anyone doe in boxing.

Comment

And Yoka could have contacted the AFLD, to let them know he needed to reschedule.

Comment

Working...
                  X