Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its a very ******ed custom. as if those who were spared were somehow more deserving to live. thats why most tyrants and dictators live so long

''thank god youre ok....''

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      its a very ******ed custom. as if those who were spared were somehow more deserving to live. thats why most tyrants and dictators live so long

''thank god youre ok....''

But then most dictators were recluses too paranoid to live with anything but their twisted and burning consciences, which probably they'll remain until the second death in the lake of fire
      Last edited by maracho; 06-24-2018, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• I blame him all the time i say fuc you god!

Comment

• it is better to show grattitude than to complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            it is better to show grattitude than to complain.
            but does it make sense (not that a person is thinking clearly) ?

''thank god you survived that train wreck where 200 other people died...''

uummm

Comment

• because people do bad stuff, you can't blame God for the evil which people do.

Comment

• If you do believe in an all-powerful god who sees all and controls the fate of the universe you probably want to stay on his good side

Comment

uummm
                  Sorry for your loss. My great great grandpa died kinda like Casey Jones.

Jesus: For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

Comment

uummm
                    Thank God is just an expression dude, chill...

I have even heard some athiests say "thank God" and "God damnit"... just expressions.

Comment

• Reminds me of that comic who had a similar bit where he asked why athletes never say "Jesus made me drop the ball. He hates our team" haha. Also reminds me of another comic, I forget who, that asked the question "if both boxers pray before a fight, who does God pick then?"

Comment

Working...
                      X